Time for Cowser up for O'Hearn

accinfo

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I am a silly mother****er, this much I know.

And again, you're right.  We won't know until he's here.

But in 251 plate appearances at Norfolk, Cowser is slashing .328/.458/.540.  I have to agree with the OP that based on what he's doing in AAA, he'd be effective in Baltimore.  

This is random and not based on any kind of science or analysis, but take off .060 points in all 3 areas and in the majors and he'd be hitting .268/.398/.480.  If Cowser came up and slashed that the rest of the way, I'd absolutely take that.  

The Orioles can shift Santander to 1B if Mountcastle keeps struggling or play Santander at DH if Cowser can put up that stat line. There’s no reason not to call up Cowser at the all star break or sooner. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

There is no way of knowing if Cowser will perform any better.  

Knowing?  No.  But it's certainly more likely for a top prospect to hit well than someone who has a track record of being very average to suddenly flip a switch and be good. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Most if not all of them have done absolutely nothing...even and especially Mullins...

Mullins is a former allstar and a former 30/30 who was OPSing around .800 before the injury. What has O’Hearns ever done in his career?