Sunday July 9: Orioles go for sweep in Minnesota heading into the break

SteveA

4 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Ty Cobb days … last time somebody stole 2nd 3rd and home in same inning was Devon White of Royals in 1989

Ty Cobb stole home 54 time.. of top 15 career home steal leaders only two played after 1950s … Jackie Robinson with 19 and Rod Carew 17  

Thoroughly impressive all. Carew was my favorite non-Oriole. But I do wonder how many were in just two pitches other than this one. 

Five days ago, the Yankees could envision being tied for first place in the wild card race if they could just win two more from the Orioles.

Now they've lost four of five, they're six games behind the Orioles, out of a playoff position altogether, and probably leaving the field with the boos of the Yankee Stadium crowd raining down on them.

Gotta love it.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Thoroughly impressive all. Carew was my favorite non-Oriole. But I do wonder how many were in just two pitches other than this one. 

Plenty of Tyrus’s from listening to this excellent new biography by Charles Leerhsen 

Cobb was a constant terror on bases as was Jackie Robinson 

https://www.audible.com/pd/B00WN9A164?source_code=ASSORAP0511160006&share_location=player_overflow

Edited by tntoriole
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WillyM said:

Five days ago, the Yankees could envision being tied for first place in the wild card race if they could just win two more from the Orioles.

Now they've lost four of five, they're six games behind the Orioles, out of a playoff position altogether, and probably leaving the field with the boos of the Yankee Stadium crowd raining down on them.

Gotta love it.

Fair Warning though: Perfect Game German pitched very well today, Rodón looked good the other day in his first game as a Yankee, and Cortes is due back soon after the ASB. Add those to Cole and the question mark of Severino along with their fine bullpen and there's still a lot to worry about in the areas that they were built to dominate. (Don't know how their offense succeeds without Judge, but I'm sure the front office is searching.)

1 hour ago, Gurgi said:

So weird to go into the allstar break dominating.  And we have draft night tonight.  At least two guys we pick in the first four are going to be stars.  It is what Elias does.  Dominate the draft board.

I expect to see the Orioles win one, at least, over the next decade.