Vespi

wildcard

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Hyde said it was more of a precautionary IL and not a serious injury. He had a good line in his rehab appearance. I don't think the O's do this routinely, it depends on the player and injury. 

First off let me say that O's management know way more about this then I do.  They are winning in an impressive manner.  So they are right and I am just uncomfortable with how quickly they bring guys back from injuries.    So its my problem not theirs.

They called up Perez after one appearance of 1.2 innings at AA.   His ERAis  4.45 and his WHIP is 1.780 with the O's this season.  I would have liked to see more on rehab.

Mullins had a .520 OPS in June after being called up and  went 0 for 16 in his first 4 games in July.  Just a little quick for me.

12 minutes ago, wildcard said:

First off let me say that O's management know way more about this then I do.  They are winning in an impressive manner.  So they are right and I am just uncomfortable with how quickly they bring guys back from injuries.    So its my problem not theirs.

They called up Perez after one appearance of 1.2 innings at AA.   His ERAis  4.45 and his WHIP is 1.780 with the O's this season.  I would have liked to see more on rehab.

Mullins had a .520 OPS in June after being called up and  went 0 for 16 in his first 4 games in July.  Just a little quick for me.

The situations behind Perez, Akin, and Voth going on the IL seem a little suspect to me. There was no inclination of them being hurt and it happened after each of them had a bad outting. And now Perez didn't seem like he needed any rehab appearances. Could it be that he wasn't really injured?  *shrug*

7 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

The situations behind Perez, Akin, and Voth going on the IL seem a little suspect to me. There was no inclination of them being hurt and it happened after each of them had a bad outting. And now Perez didn't seem like he needed any rehab appearances. Could it be that he wasn't really injured?  *shrug*

But if that is true what they were really trying to do was get them to the minors to fix their problems.  But that is not what happen with Perez.   He hardly played on rehab.

23 minutes ago, wildcard said:

But if that is true what they were really trying to do was get them to the minors to fix their problems.  But that is not what happen with Perez.   He hardly played on rehab.

They want to get a few looks at Perez in the majors before the trade deadline.

1 hour ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Perez had five straight scoreless outings.

• Upvote 1