Mullins to miss a lot of time?

Sports Guy

9 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

If they don't make a trade and Mullins isn't back yet, Bradfield is going to be the best option in center for the playoffs, at least for the late innings.

That might be right but I would bet against it.  You are more likely to see McKenna before the Bradfield option was ever entertained.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

If they don't make a trade and Mullins isn't back yet, Bradfield is going to be the best option in center for the playoffs, at least for the late innings.

Would be fun but I meannnnnn, there's no way this actually happens. McKenna is the guy for the playoffs defensive substitution role. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not saying it is going to happen, but the gulf defensively and as a pinch-runner between Bradfield and McKenna, Fabian or Hudson Haskin makes up for the difference between them as hitters, especially if whoever they bring up isn't going to start.

Who knows, Terrance Gore is a free agent and wouldn't require a roster spot over the off-season like Bradfield would. All I know is, I don't want anyone on the current roster playing CF with the O's up one run in the 8th or 9th inning of a playoff game.

3 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Come on. Let’s see how he does in Delmarva before putting him on the playoff roster 

I don’t see the O’s making a trade for anyone of significance.  The O’s have a bunch of guys who can play CF,   but nobody who comes close to replacing Cedric’s combination of offense and defense.  Guys like Hays, Cowser, and Hicks are fine for a game here and there, but I have defensive concerns about all of them if they are manning CF for 4-5 weeks.  (With that said, I have not seen Cowser enough to have a strong opinion).  Then, you have guys at Norfolk like McKenna and Cameron, who can handle the position defensively, but who leave a hole in the lineup.  My guess is that McKenna comes up, but CF time is split among several of those mentioned.

I just hope Cedric heals up and is back in the lineup for good.  He is really a dynamic player when he is healthy and in a groove.