Mullins to miss a lot of time?

Sports Guy

Just now, CaptainRedbeard said:

Mullins was apparently with the rest of the team at Top Golf in Baltimore last night, per some social media posts. Could be activated tomorrow?

McKenna goes?

I hope not. He barely got MiL at bats last time and it took him a while to get in a rhythm. Let him get a few more at bats in the minors.  He can keep going to Bowie. Just play another 2-3 games.

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I hope not. He barely got MiL at bats last time and it took him a while to get in a rhythm. Let him get a few more at bats in the minors.  He can keep going to Bowie. Just play another 2-3 games.

I agree with you, but I won’t be surprised if they activate Mullins immediately.  

Edited by Frobby

4 minutes ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

Mullins was apparently with the rest of the team at Top Golf in Baltimore last night, per some social media posts. Could be activated tomorrow?

McKenna goes?

Are you speculating that just off him being at the event? He's rehabbing in Bowie, so being at an event in Baltimore doesn't really tell me anything. If he was participating in the golfing then I would take that as a very positive sign

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

McKenna goes?

It's down to McKenna or Cowser.  I wouldn't be surprised either way tbh.

Just now, Pickles said:

He'll be activated.  I'd probably prefer he got a few more Abs down there, but in the grand scheme it's pretty meaningless.

Yea it is, I agree. Whether it takes an extra week for him to get going doesn’t matter because the team just keeps winning. 

Just more about making sure that he is healthy and 100% ready to be here. 

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea it is, I agree. Whether it takes an extra week for him to get going doesn’t matter because the team just keeps winning. 

Just more about making sure that he is healthy and 100% ready to be here. 

That's what it's about.  So long as he's physically ready bring him up.

One would imagine they've done their due diligence and he's ready to go.  Hopefully, he doesn't have any more setbacks.

20 minutes ago, The B&G said:

Are you speculating that just off him being at the event? He's rehabbing in Bowie, so being at an event in Baltimore doesn't really tell me anything. If he was participating in the golfing then I would take that as a very positive sign

Just speculating, going off a Reddit post from someone who noticed him there. You’re right that he could have gone to the event even if still rehabbing. But it wouldn’t be that unusual for a vet hitter to have a short rehab stint, and he could have rejoined the team ahead of their travel. We’ll know soon enough. 

17 minutes ago, Pickles said:

That's what it's about.  So long as he's physically ready bring him up.

One would imagine they've done their due diligence and he's ready to go.  Hopefully, he doesn't have any more setbacks.

For me, they have built a decent lead and are playing so well that I would be extra cautious and give him the extra games.  I’m not talking many games..just another 2-3 games but I get it. You want him back. He’s a difference maker. He makes you better.

He’s almost extremely important to have for the playoffs.

41 minutes ago, Pickles said:

It's down to McKenna or Cowser.  I wouldn't be surprised either way tbh.

Since Mullins is a left-handed bat and McKenna is RH and a better defender (at this point) than Cowser, why would they not just option Cowser? To give him that adjustment period so many people say he's needed at each level?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The B&G said:

Mullins has also been in the dugout for the last two weeks...this appearance at the event means nothing..I think he may be a few days away...

55 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Since Mullins is a left-handed bat and McKenna is RH and a better defender (at this point) than Cowser, why would they not just option Cowser? To give him that adjustment period so many people say he's needed at each level?

To me the question is who would help you most on a playoff roster, Cowser or McKenna? The answer is Cowser, assuming he gets going, which there is little reason to believe he won’t at some point. I option McKenna knowing who he is and what he provides and that at any time you can call him up and get that.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Sounds like he’ll be back tomorrow based on what they said on the radio.