Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

Just now, dystopia said:

Saying he’s a good pitcher is a lot different than saying he’s “very, very good”. 

He's a good pitcher who has been very good at times across multiple seasons. Still young with team control left. Possibly hasn't hit his ceiling yet. Can conceivably be a 1 or a 2 in most rotations.

He'd be a bigtime upgrade to our staff.

I'm not sure what you're looking for here, but there's nobody available that we know of with more surplus value than Cease. It's going to take a lot to get him if that's the direction Elias chooses. The price would hurt, but we should all be happy with the quality of pitcher he is.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Don't forget, though... it's kind of stupid because you can literally take a dump on Fisherman's Wharf while shooting heroin while tweaking on meth and nobody really gives a ****. 

But yeah, get your permit, Mr. Musk.

Yeah that stuff will kill SF.  So who cares.  Let them destroy each other.  

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Except they aren’t.

It’s a tough call.

If Basallo can stay at C, he can be a DH/1B/back up C for you. If he can’t stay at C, you likely don’t keep him, Mayo and Kjerstad.

Cowser doesn’t have anyone in his way but the team drafts college OFers like crazy, so they have depth…maybe you take advantage of high value for Cowser right now?

I do think that CC's SSS struggles could impact passerby decision makers but I doubt that other ML front offices don't know how much potential he possesses. For everyone clamoring for Kjerstad over Cowser, it's easy to overlook that Cowser is the (significantly) higher rated prospect by every outlet. Sure, Kjerstad's health may have a lot to do with that but I've seen a lot of both and Cowser looks like the more complete player. He's eventually going to figure out ML pitching and I would be disappointed to see him moved, even for a legitimate controllable TOR pitcher like Cease but I would make the deal. 

20 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Also what happens if we let the prospects start succeeding at the MLB level?  I think they would then have even more value.  I dont see a lot of our guys getting too ripe and starting to rot.  

That’s an appealing thought, but we have so many prospects that look like potential/like major league prospects there just isn’t room to let them all come up and succeed at once.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Re: Cease. The problem isn't that he's not a true #1. We just need quality SP help at this point, and he'd help.

The problem is if he's valued as a true #1. And that's for Elias to negotiate/decide on. If the White Sox are way over-valuing him, move on. 

I wouldn't even say it's overvaluing. He has a lot of value to them given that he's their guy, they have control over him for years, and he has flashed a tippity-top ceiling. There's no reason to move someone like that unless you are coaxed into it. But there's also not very strong reasons to try to coax them into that. This is where the it takes two to tango mantra applies.

1 minute ago, RVAOsFan said:

What is going on with E Rod seemed like things were close with him going to the Dodgers earlier? Think he is my number 1 target at this point. 

I heard the Dodgers are on his no-trade list.  Which I found fascinating. 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Don't forget, though... it's kind of stupid because you can literally take a dump on Fisherman's Wharf while shooting heroin while tweaking on meth and nobody really gives a ****. 

But yeah, get your permit, Mr. Musk.

Pretty sure they made him take it down because it was disturbing the people trying to defecate in the street.