Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

1 minute ago, ledzepp8 said:

The Astros gave up the #1 and #4 prospect for Verlander. Would you have given the Mets, Holliday and Beavers for Verlander?

You do know that there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO EQUIVALENCY between our number 1 and 4 prospects and the Astros? 

The Astros don't have a prospect close to the range of being rated within FIFTY PLAYERS of Jackson Holliday.

And where did you get that Dylan Beavers was our #4 rated prospect?

Just now, ledzepp8 said:

The Astros gave up the #1 and #4 prospect for Verlander. Would you have given the Mets, Holliday and Beavers for Verlander?

Not apples to apples here. The Astros number one prospect is equalish to both Norby and Mayo. So it would be one of them and a Beavers/Basallo.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

We give up our midseason 16 and 18 prospects and people freak out, OVERPAY! I find it hilarious that despite all of the belly-aching about this trade, these same people are showing that they know nothing about how good our system really is.

All day long, ELIAS IS SITTING ON HIS HANDS! WE'RE NOT GETTING ANYTHING!

Elias makes a trade for a pretty good rental with virtually no impact on the farm system, WE PAID TOO MUCH!

Hilarious.

A few years ago, this would’ve been our five and seven. Lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

We gave up Showalter too? We got hosed! Showalter was a 2 way player. 

This sucks. And no bullpen help. I was OK with Prieto, but I would have rather have done nothing with Rom and Showalter now gone.

I can't wait until this team is sold and has new ownership. 

I second that. This awful ownership is such a hinderance to us becoming the best of what we could be.

6 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

IMO that's not enough. Cano has looked very shaky the last 2 months, at some point it be prudent to believe what the stats and eyes are telling us. 

Even if Fujinama is great as an 8th inning replacement, we still will be forced to use Cano in the 7th because he's still much better than the rest.

We added Wells to the bullpen, and possibly Hall (if he comes around).  I don't think Wells sees another start unless there's an injury....and even then, I think Irvin is next man up.  Just watch......Wells will be relieving at Bowle.....that's my uneducated prediction.