Scoreboard watching

Frobby

5 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I want to gain one more game before that series. It would mean, don't get swept and we still hold tye division lead

Not only that, but if we avoid being swept by the Rays then we will retain the tiebreaker, which could end up being significant.

Just now, Getz said:

I see a lot of people refer to the loss column. Why is it so important?

That's because it takes into account the difference is games played. The Rays have played one more game than the Orioles (at the beginning of today). So even though the Orioles lead is 2.5 games, the Orioles still have an extra game to play, and IF they win that game, then it's a 3-game lead. Which is the difference in the loss column as of now. They control their own destiny as far as that 3-game lead, and the Rays do not. If the Rays lose and the O's win today, the lead will be 3.5 games, but 4 in the loss column.

• Thanks 1

Jays pouring it on in 10th.  Athletics had chance in bottom of 9th man on third 1 out but couldn’t get him in.  The Mariners are gonna go down and Astros up on Rangers.  It gonna be crazy final few weeks with the AL west and last two wild card spots.  No one pulling away and no one falling out.  It seems they just all playing about same.  

2 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Jays pouring it on in 10th.  Athletics had chance in bottom of 9th man on third 1 out but couldn’t get him in.  The Mariners are gonna go down and Astros up on Rangers.  It gonna be crazy final few weeks with the AL west and last two wild card spots.  No one pulling away and no one falling out.  It seems they just all playing about same.  

Fine with me. Let them push their pitchers.