Saturday July 29: sellout crowd, national TV as Orioles try to win series and season series from Yankees

SteveA

Just now, Uli2001 said:

I am not watching, how hard was it? Not every line out is hit hard. The really hard ones are seldom caught.

This was a ground ball down the first base line that the first baseman dove to grab and throw to first. It wasn’t exceptionally hit, but I’d guess it’s a hit maybe half Of the time. 

1 minute ago, Alasdaire said:

I'm agnostic as to whether he actually had vertigo. Even if he did, I think it served as a moment in time for Mountcastle to recognize his sense of place in this organization/his career. Always thought he was one of the most naturally gifted players but that he rested on those laurels too much. I'm wishcasting a bit, but hoping he is locked in for the stretch run.

Ah so he was faking an illness *and* he’s lazy. Got it.

1 minute ago, Alasdaire said:

I'm agnostic as to whether he actually had vertigo. Even if he did, I think it served as a moment in time for Mountcastle to recognize his sense of place in this organization/his career. Always thought he was one of the most naturally gifted players but that he rested on those laurels too much. I'm wishcasting a bit, but hoping he is locked in for the stretch run.

I think I'm pretty skeptical by nature but I can't think of a good reason for them to invent a case of vertigo for Mountcastle to suffer from.