Kevin Brown

Srey

I'm a big fan of Kevin Brown esp when he's paired w/ Ben McDonald.  I know that some of you hate the back and forth needling between Kevin and Ben but I think it's just part of their routine.  To me, Kevin and Ben are the A Team.  Like to hear Palmer for the stories if he's paired w/ someone like Kevin otherwise he just sort of meanders. 

6 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Yeah I don't understand the hate for Brown.   I grew up listening to Ernie Harwell and George Kell as play by play guys in MI.  And he is just as good.  I don't get the hate.

I just find him annoying.  I miss Gary Thorne.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, drjohnnyfever1 said:

I liked John Lowenstein a lot, but I can't remember who he was paired with.  Was it early Miller?  I just don't remember, but I loved his humor, stories, and insights.  I think he fell out of favor for being a bit too critical.  But he wasn't a play-by-play guy.

Mel Proctor. I think sometimes Palmer with them in 3 man booth.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, dystopia said:

I apologize if this is asked and answered already, but where is KB? On vacation? 

I guess he did the statcast version of Sunday Night baseball last night. Not sure if ESPN is going this every Sunday game rest of year or not. 

19 minutes ago, interloper said:

You say that but if he came back how long would you be able to stand him calling fastballs sliders and change ups fastballs, etc. lol

Or saying a pitch missed low when it was an inch below the strike zone and 3 feet outside

• Haha 1

I like KB and think he is Uber talented.  He has an incredible voice and a passion for the game. 

With that said, his pop culture tangents get a little annoying.  But then again, I can’t imagine the things that would come Out of my mouth if I had to talk for 3 hours non-stop. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Brian88 said:

Or saying a pitch missed low when it was an inch below the strike zone and 3 feet outside

Accuracy and players' names were never Thorne's strengths, lol.

He was super likable, had a great voice and brought excitement to the game.

Edited by dzorange

3 hours ago, Brian88 said:

With how excited he gets when food is brought to the booth, his next gig may be on The Food Network. Lol

I love Kevin Brown. I miss him every game he is away. The entire game feels different to me. He feels as if he is a personal friend to me already. Ben is also great to have on the broadcast. Geoff is growing on me. We have a great team. I liked Thorne but I actually like this team more.

I really like Keven Brown.  I think he is great announcer.  Even my wife, who is Asian (but fully American) and has never watched baseball other than when we watch the Os games, says he is a very good announcer and that he doesn't look like his voice haha. 

What more do you need?  :)

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

17 hours ago, Spakman said:

I just find him annoying.  I miss Gary Thorne.

I don't find him annoying, but I lament missing out on Gary Thorne and Ben.  I know the ship has sailed, but that combo would have been SOLID GOLD! 

Times change.  Time marches on, I get it.  It's not that I don't like Kevin, I do, but...  I guess it might be the shortness of the braise... He's still early in his career.  All I know is I haven't really missed him.

I think that "Radio Guy" voice is what I'm missing.  Not the Michael Reghi, Bruce Cunningham, Ron Burghandy stuff, but as I'm an older guy now, I appreciate the lower tenor of a Jon Miller, Chuck Thompson, Gary Thorne.  Maybe if Kevin starts his voice conditioning by plowing thru 2-3 packs of Marlboro a day he'll start to get the tone where I prefer it.  Calling wise, I have no problem, but a cigar once or twice a series might help him out. ;)

I didn’t find a recent Ben McDonald page but I wanted to mention Ben is on the ESPN national broadcast tonight on ESPN. ESPN never airs Monday night games anymore but tonight for some reason they are on.