Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

5 hours ago, Sanfran327 said:

If he's truly suspended indefinitely, then IMO he's as good as gone. I'd tell JA to shove it up his tailpipe if he "allowed" me back into the booth. Brown has other gigs. I heard him calling a college football game last year between VT and ODU (not exactly big time CFB, but still), and I have no doubt that other MLB teams would dump their current PBP guy to bring him in. He took some getting used to, but I have grown to like KB a lot. Quirky and silly, but it's become endearing.

Anyway, this sort of BS is what scares me about Elias & Co. leaving more than if/when Big Money comes knocking. Frankly, as a Yale guy, there's almost no conceivable way he would have signed a deal that undervalued himself for the privilege of running this club and reporting to that asshat. Meaning, I'm sure it wasn't for modest money or some insanely long time without having a way out. I don't want to derail this thread to talk about Elias, but the topics are related IMO.

You spoke my thoughts, concerns, and feelings on this matter 100%.  I think Kevin Brown one of the better play by play guys in baseball right now. And I will be extremely upset if he doesn't come back, and it's looking more and more like that will be the case. 

Also like you eluded to, the strength of the Orioles franchise rests on the current people in the front office who are led by Mike Elias and Sig Mejdal. If we ever lose those guys, let alone if we lose them because of pettiness, this franchise will suffer for it. 

Imagine trying to fill up the stadium after all the talent leaves. Imagine trying to get people watching MASN without any talent to make the experience enjoyable for the viewers. That's just bad for business.

49 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

There was zippy wrong with holding Duquette to his contract unless the Blue Jays gave you something worthwhile. Letting him go for peanuts because Duquette wanted to be a turncoat doesn't shine negatively on the O's. It shines negatively on Duquette. 

This is all crap. It wasn't Toronto, it was Rogers Communication. DD was referred to Rogers by someone on the NYY Board (collusion). The job was for Pres of Baseball operations and control over the Roger's Center at a salary 2-3X greater. DD reported the contact to PA and we know the rest.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

So Brown is in charge of graphics display and what is said in the opening of the game? I find that very hard to believe. It makes no sense why he would take the brunt of it. The whole thing makes no sense, so stating facts and talking about how good this year’s team is bad now? 

This is speculation, but maybe KB tried to take the blame to protect the MASN producers and assumed he was safe? I feel like there has to have been some bigger conflict that arose from this.

Just now, SilverRocket said:

This is speculation, but maybe KB tried to take the blame to protect the MASN producers and assumed he was safe? I feel like there has to have been some bigger conflict that arose from this.

Someone speculated earlier that Angelos must have a person issue with Brown and just used this as an excuse. That made the most sense to me. Suspending him over this is just completely bonkers. He literally did nothing. He was reading a freaking graphic.

Just now, dystopia said:

Someone speculated earlier that Angelos must have a person issue with Brown and just used this as an excuse. That made the most sense to me. Suspending him over this is just completely bonkers. He literally did nothing. He was reading a freaking graphic.

*a personal issue