Wednesday, August 9: Orioles try to bounce back after tough loss to Astros

SteveA

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

Palmer has covid so everyone is gone.

Either he has Covid or he's been suspended with Covid being the cover story. I say cover story, because fans would never tolerate a legend who dedicated 60 years of service to the organization being treated in such way.

All we have to go on, is a tweet.  With all that out of the way, I think it's best to simply take Jim at his word.

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

I am a huge proponent of robo ump. At the very least allow challenges. There is no reason (other than umps feeling like they are losing usefulness) not to implement it

You are right.  The whole point is to get it right and consistent.  It is 2023 and technology is there.  I think it will favor guys like Gunnar, Adley who know the strike zone.  All these young guys  coming up seem to know it.  

1 minute ago, Alasdaire said:

Are you suggesting that someone who is sick should knowingly go to work when there are replacements? I hope that's something that is never normalized again.

Palmer has it. Was there announcement that everyone else has it too? Was just wondering what their policy will be.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

Either he has Covid or he's been suspended with Covid being the cover story. I say cover story, because fans would never tolerate a legend who dedicated 60 years of service to the organization being treated in such way.

All we have to go on, is a tweet.  With all that out of the way, I think it's best to simply take Jim at his word.

Of course, you do. Jim Palmer tweeted he had covid and feels terrible, and you call him a liar and come up with a conspiracy. Expected nothing less.