Wednesday, August 9: Orioles try to bounce back after tough loss to Astros

SteveA

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

It is literally one of the reasons I won't watch it. I'll just wait for the condensed game highlights from Houston. 

FWIW if you have MLBTV, you can do the MASN video feed with the 98 Rock radio feed synced up. I'm personally hate listening to the MASN booth right now just to feel something.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

I’m really loath to jump in on the Melanie bashing because I don’t think she’s been nearly as bad tonight as the thread as a whole seems to…

But yikes, her description of her “not-so-deep dive” into advanced analytics — particularly her takeaway from expected versus actual stats — was extraordinary.

Yep--she had no idea of what she was talking about.

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’m really loath to jump in on the Melanie bashing because I don’t think she’s been nearly as bad tonight as the thread as a whole seems to…

But yikes, her description of her “not-so-deep dive” into advanced analytics — particularly her takeaway from expected versus actual stats — was extraordinary.

You mean because her takeaway is pretty much the exact opposite of what it means?

• Haha 1

Just now, Malike said:

The only thing more annoying about Melanie calling the game is the 1300 posts here complaining about her calling the game. :D

i spared you all of my complaining about her by switching feed, however this astros guy announces the games like their high school golf outtings. 

• Haha 1