Wednesday, August 9: Orioles try to bounce back after tough loss to Astros

SteveA

5 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Isn’t this the 3rd meltdown from Fujinama since he’s been on the team?

I struggle to understand the thought process that led to the conclusion that the risk of a reclamation project was all we needed to add to the bullpen to win a pennant.

We don't know how long they were trying to get Webb.

1 minute ago, Finisher said:

Absolutely moronic. Instead of getting some lights out reliever which is what was needed let's get some arsonist to pour gasoline all over close games.

I don’t understand why we chose that option though. Like other than going cheap or thinking that we were the smartest guys in the room, what was the rationale?

Just now, Sports Guy said:

You absolutely can not bring him in any kind of a higher leverage situation.

He just can’t handle it right now. He needs to be treated the same way you treated a guy like Akin.

I find it alarming that the bullpen, which is clearly a weakness, that the guy we got to help it has to have hit confidence built and can't be put in high leverage situations.  

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I heard all the cries that all he needed was a clean inning.

Well, I don't hear anyone saying that anymore.

I thought Fuji needed to be put in situations where he wasn't as likely to fail which includes clean innings . But that's because I've had my doubts about Fuji from the very first pitch he telegraphed to Siri in Tampa for a homer, so I was trying to come up with any way to try to make the situation work. He's his own worst enemy and the psyche is pretty clearly fragile.

I don't think it much matters either way though, he has too much to correct to be reliable within the next two months.

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

I don’t understand why we chose that option though. Like other than going cheap or thinking that we were the smartest guys in the room, what was the rationale?

He was cheap.  Honestly, some Orioles fans are really in for a bad day when they realize what John Angelos is.