Houston goes for the sweep. Orioles ready to keep their streak.

Gurgi

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Good comparison. This Astros team is much like those Yankees and Red Sox teams always in the game until the 27th out.

Yep.  And they’ll be the same way in the postseason, bc for them the pressure is off.  They’ve been there and done it before.  Well, cross that bridge if and when we reach it.

2 minutes ago, AdamK said:

Gotta say, Adley really delivers on those post game interviews. He's a seasoned veteran when it comes to the cliches. 

His lack of enthusiasm about the win was pretty much how I feel.  Astros really showed them how much work they still need to become the championship team they're destined to be. 

• Upvote 1

It is soooooo unfortunate they did not get another lockdown guy like Hader or someone cause this bullpen is not going to beat Houston in playoffs 

it reminds me of the difference between us and Detroit in 2014 LDS when their bullpen just blewup all the time and we had Oday , Miller, Zach 

This win was completely nerve wracking 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

The way I see it, this team has solid starting pitching, who keep the team in game almost every single night, and they have a lot of young talent on offense, who get the job done. IF they had a lockdown bullpen, they would be very hard to beat.

Agreed. Anyone saying our SP is a problem at this point really isn’t paying attention. It’s been solid to very good for awhile now and look at the teams we’ve beaten. Certainly wasn’t a problem again in this series. Only the Flaherty start last night could be considered not great, but even he legged out 5 innings 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, EdwinRip said:

I love how the bullpen is a mess when the main issue in this series was Bautista.  He was being talked about for the CY young before this series.

When your setup man and your closer suddenly are not fooling anyone, your bullpen is indeed a mess.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, justD said:

His lack of enthusiasm about the win was pretty much how I feel.  Astros really showed them how much work they still need to do to become the championship team they're destined to be. 

I don't think he lacks enthusiasm, honestly. I just think this is one of 162 games and it wasn't going to decide the fate of the team. It's a good thing they don't hang onto the losses and wins as much as the fans do. They know one series isn't going to define them.

• Upvote 1