Houston goes for the sweep. Orioles ready to keep their streak.

Gurgi

1 minute ago, justD said:

His lack of enthusiasm about the win was pretty much how I feel.  Astros really showed them how much work they still need to become the championship team they're destined to be. 

I don't know if its the kind of thing they'd reflect back on between Monopoly Deal games, but I have faith they paid attention to it. 

Houston's capacity to extend innings with little hits until it was time to swing with damage in mind is something we haven't seen lately despite playing very good teams.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Malike said:

I don't think he lacks enthusiasm, honestly. I just think this is one of 162 games and it wasn't going to decide the fate of the team. It's a good thing they don't hang onto the losses and wins as much as the fans do. They know one series isn't going to define them.

He doesn't lack enthusiasm. You can see it. He seems to know exactly when to turn it off though, LOL. He's probably had to do that interview 100 times in his life.

Nothing to be concerned with. Just an observation.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Houston has no fear of Bautista.  They are going to be in his head come October.  

Some teams thrive on fastball pitchers no matter how fast.  Often in the past the O's have been one of those teams too.  The O's may need to consider mixing up their closers depending on the team or just randomly.  Maybe have Cano close more often or when Wells, Givens and Means get back, maybe one of them can close sometimes.