Sunday 8/13/23 Game 3 @ Seattle

Goober Noodles

8 minutes ago, brucewayne said:

Fuji is Japanese. 

McCann is fluent in Japanese.

Or more likely, Fuji knows some English.  Perhaps not enough to be comfortable doing an interview in English with a camera shoved in his face, but knows enough to be about to communicate with his catcher.  Same applies to many of the Hispanic members of our team.

22 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

This could very well be true. There is a humongous sized gap between him and all of our other relievers. None of them are really any good (mediocre at best).

Not sure if you intentionally omitted him or not, but I think Yennier is good. He has a 1.78 ERA in as many innings as Felix has pitched. Obviously he started the year off really hot, but he's a rookie and hitting a wall should be expected. The graphic they showed on the broadcast today showing how much he has switched up his pitches recently tells me he's adjusting back.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TopGunnar said:

It’d get my vote

Yes, even better than yesterday--love to see that it's some players who are either just back from the IL or Norfolk or in the doghouse (Mateo, Mullins, Fujinami, Vespi) and Hyde's questionable but successful moves that won the game, rather than the typical Mountain shut-down.

1 minute ago, yark14 said:

McCann is fluent in Japanese.

Or more likely, Fuji knows some English.  Perhaps not enough to be comfortable doing an interview in English with a camera shoved in his face, but knows enough to be about to communicate with his catcher.  Same applies to many of the Hispanic members of our team.

Yea I notice on a lot of post game interviews the Spanish speaking fellas only need the translator for the responses.