Wednesday, August 16: series deciding game in San Diego

SteveA

Just now, Uli2001 said:

It's baseball. It's why the very best teams in history still lose 50 games.

I know.  And to be honest I don't feel that terrible.  I mean their 1 run record is so so awful that they deserve a day where things go their way.  Wish it was against another team, but it is what it is.

Still 2 games up on Tampa.  Let's go to Oakland and kick some butt. Not guaranteed I know, but you like your chances.

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

I know.  And to be honest I don't feel that terrible.  I mean their 1 run record is so so awful that they deserve a day where things go their way.  Wish it was against another team, but it is what it is.

Still 2 games up on Tampa.  Let's go to Oakland and kick some butt. Not guaranteed I know, but you like your chances.

Tyler Wells can survive in the cavernous Oakland Coliseum. Maybe they call him back up. And of they have Cole Irvin scheduled to start there, I think that would be good for Irvin.

8 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

We got beat by two pitchers fans here wanted to trade for.  And we lost because of two relief pitchers who couldn't get the job done. 

2 waiver wire guys vs. 2 guys that would have required a prospect haul.  I hope Elias figures out some way to fix the bullpen.  FUJI isn't it.

5 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Tyler Wells can survive in the cavernous Oakland Coliseum. Maybe they call him back up. And of they have Cole Irvin scheduled to start there, I think that would be good for Irvin.

I thought they were bringing back Wells as a reliever, or am I mistaken?

10 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Well has thrown all of 6.2 innings since going down to Bowie, and the two appearances were purposefully a week apart. They’re taking very specific care of him. I do not expect to see him back up here in a starting role this season.