Oakland Series II

Frobby

42 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Does sweeping Oakland count in the standings?

This is funny considering the number of people who were saying that anything other than a sweep would be unacceptable. 

It’s a major league team. Whether they act the part or not isn’t our problem. No sweep should be diminished, especially on the road. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

This is funny considering the number of people who were saying that anything other than a sweep would be unacceptable. 

It’s a major league team. Whether they act the part or not isn’t our problem. No sweep should be diminished, especially on the road. 

And they were all solid wins. 5+ run victories in all 3. Pretty much total domination. They played us much tougher back in April.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

That was fun. Let it be a warm up for facing the Toronto Blue Jays in a division show down.

Showdown? We are 9 games up on them in the loss column. They are in the wildcard hunt for sure. But the division is not really realistic for them at this point.

1 hour ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

It is if they beat us. Bury them, and remove all possibility of them catching us. 

So they sweep us (which I highly doubt) they would still be 6 games behind us in the loss column. I guess you can choose to see ghosts if you want. I’m looking at our real competition for the pennant.

• Upvote 1

I think there's going to be a group of people that will look back on this run, however long it lasts, and wish they would have enjoyed it more. I spent the better part of the season complaining about roster makeup, but somewhere along the lines I tried to just enjoy it.

That's 8 series sweeps for '23.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bemorewins said:

So they sweep us (which I highly doubt) they would still be 6 games behind us in the loss column. I guess you can choose to see ghosts if you want. I’m looking at our real competition for the pennant.

Blue Jays have always been a hated rival, it’s our turn to stomp.  Get it done