John Angelos continues to remind us how awful he is

Sports Guy

1 minute ago, Malike said:

That would accomplish nothing, let them play this season out without them thinking the fans are more concerned with the FO than what they are accomplishing on the field.

It accomplishes plenty. It probably wouldn’t matter to him but oh well, I would do everything to embarrass him and publicly make him look like the giant excrement he is.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It accomplishes plenty. It probably wouldn’t matter to him but oh well, I would do everything to embarrass him and publicly make him look like the giant excrement he is.

You can't shame the shameless, it's not even worth the effort of trying.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, deward said:

You still have to get the moves right, but a higher payroll buys you lots of options.

And limits lots of options too.. not everyone is a Steve Cohen who can spend 150 million to other teams to send his free agent mistakes  to another team or to just eat the cost. 

16 minutes ago, Malike said:

The only thing I've contended is that if Peter passes away, his wife owns the team and doesn't have to pay estate taxes, I'm not sure why this is going in 900 directions. People were speaking as if when Peter passes, they will have to sell the team because they can't afford the estate tax. I'm not a lawyer or even remotely interested in either estate or tax law, just simply saying that Georgia will own the team with no estate tax needing to be paid.

Sorry .. I understand that. My point is that just because you inherit Peter Angelos estate does not entitle you to necessarily be approved as an MLB owner(not an inheritable right) .  Separate things. 

Just now, tntoriole said:

Sorry .. I understand that. My point is that just because you inherit Peter Angelos estate does not entitle you to necessarily be approved as an MLB owner(not an inheritable right) .  Separate things. 

Oh, I see. It would be interesting to see what they make the Orioles do if anything should that happen. I'm not sure what type of relationship she has with the MLB owners.

21 minutes ago, baltfan said:

And who says he is willing to do so?  Boras tells his guys not to. 

Boras was Ben McDonald's agent when Ben signed a long term deal with the Orioles. Ben said he let Boras do his thing and Ben stayed out of it.

Side note: Scott Boras is Gunnar Henderson AND Jackson Holliday's agent.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Oh, I see. It would be interesting to see what they make the Orioles do if anything should that happen. I'm not sure what type of relationship she has with the MLB owners.

Well since Peter has developed such good will with the Commissioner and other owners over the years .. i am sure it won’t be an issue.  Lol 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You would have to be pretty naive to not think this is all political.

If I got reprimanded on this forum for simply mentioning Baltimore crime rates as a deterrent for people coming to the stadium, than you have no business turning this forum into politics. 

Man up and stop your pouting.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, wildcard said:

All I want is an Orioles team that goes to the playoffs year after year and Wins a World Series every once in a while.   This other stuff is just noice to me.  I didn't get upset at the Connolly thing or the Kevin Brown thing or this article because I get to watch the O's play great baseball game after game.

That's kinda the point here. Not retaining some of the players will make it almost impossible to get to the playoffs... never mind the "occasional WS". 

I'm enjoying the success of the team as much as anyone, but I'm under zero assumptions that this is any long term thing. 

10 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Boras was Ben McDonald's agent when Ben signed a long term deal with the Orioles. Ben said he let Boras do his thing and Ben stayed out of it.

Side note: Scott Boras is Gunnar Henderson AND Jackson Holliday's agent.

Ben never signed a long term deal with the Orioles.  He only signed his initial deal after the draft.

He said prior to this interview they were going to emulate the Rays.  I don’t know why anyone is surprised by any of this.  He said that they probably won’t be able to keep people here their whole careers.  After Machado, is that a surprise to anyone ?   Suppose Gunnar becomes a superstar, would you want the Orioles when he hit free agency to offer a 10-12 year deal?   Did you think they should have paid Machado?

38 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It is funny how much of a little b**** he is to give this interview to the Clinton Times.

The local media has been all over him and rightfully so. They might actually call him on his bs but paper The Lib Times wonte. They will just write the dirty, not question it and not drag him through the mud.

I personally could care less whether he talked to the Times or NY Post. But why before the season is not over are you talking about not signing players or raising the overpriced tickets and concession prices astronomically. Based on this assumption that payroll is tied to  ticket prices are too high this year by far. 

Did anyone here 105.7 this afternoon? 

Ken told him please shut up and let us enjoy the season. LaConfora sort of agreed with him. Is Laconfora still on MASN?