Colorado Series

ShoelesJoe

Is it just me, or was today one of the worst-umpired games of the year?  Many, many pitches that were either low or towards to RH batters’ box called strikes, and two pitches that were right down Broadway (one for each team) called balls.  I think our offense was hurt considerably by the way the ump called the game.  Can’t wait to see Ump Scorecard tomorrow.

PS — what was Bud Black thinking, pulling Blach out of that game?  We were doing nothing against him and he was at 87 pitches.  Terrible decision, I thought.  

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Is it just me, or was today one of the worst-umpired games of the year?  Many, many pitches that were either low or towards to RH batters’ box called strikes, and two pitches that were right down Broadway (one for each team) called balls.  I think our offense was hurt considerably by the way the ump called the game.  Can’t wait to see Ump Scorecard tomorrow.

PS — what was Bud Black thinking, pulling Blach out of that game?  We were doing nothing against him and he was at 87 pitches.  Terrible decision, I thought.  

Tanking

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Kevin Brown said something about how he's not stretched out past 90 pitches, but I would agree, the guy is about to turn 33 and you're not building around him, so let him do his thing.

22 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I agree, Dan Bellino was terrible behind the plate, and mostly terrible towards the O's. And he even became a crew chief as of this year.