Arm injury for Bautista?

Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

I would rather not put Yennier in the closer role yet. MASN showed a graphic recently showing how dramatically he has changed his pitch selection/location since the beginning of the season. Which is understandable given that he's a rookie who experienced a ton of success early before the league adjusted. I don't think the ninth inning is an good spot to be tinkering with your approach. Ditto with Fuji. Put a finished product like Danny there for the time being.

I'd probably prefer Coulombe, his data is impressive.

image.png.d89a716cd52d55b4bc4ecc0badcd8379.png

image.png.04fc5dc53050851d24f7320525d7906a.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oriolediehard said:

I hope we can stretch out Bradish tonight to pitch 8 innings tonight to offset some of the loss of Baustista???  We can always us multiple pitchers in the 9th to close the game???

With pitchers required to face 3 batters at a minimum before coming out, if we need multiple relievers in the 9th inning, the game is being saved.

7 minutes ago, banks703 said:

Awful news for Felix and the team but next man up.

I think TWells likely gets slotted into a backend spot where he and Cano pitch in the most high leverage situations followed by DC then Webb.

Felix’s numbers can’t be replaced but the other guys have now have opportunities to step into bigger roles. Who seizes their chance? Personally I like the idea of DC getting save opportunities. He’s been nails. 

I agree DC has been nails, but I think Hyde's approach will be the matchup game. The beauty of Bautista is that his stuff matched up well against anyone. So I think it'll be more of a closer by matchup concept as opposed to a set pitcher in that position. 

• Upvote 1

Elias might be doing some GM talk to not show his cards but a full tear you can tell right away so you don’t have to keep running tests,   However a strain or partial tear is a little harder to tell the degree of the injury so you need more time and tests to be run.  If it is complete tear he is not telling the truth about needing more tests but hopefully they are more looking into what degree it is.   

Sad for Felix .. best wishes for him and praying for his recovery!!

Next man up, either one of the others steps up and pitches well in that role or you rotate around till you get the guy who does best. 

I would start with Cano and then Coloumbe,.. Wells is my dark horse 

2 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Elias might be doing some GM talk to not show his cards but a full tear you can tell right away so you don’t have to keep running tests,   However a strain or partial tear is a little harder to tell the degree of the injury so you need more time and tests to be run.  If it is complete tear he is not telling the truth about needing more tests but hopefully they are more looking into what degree it is.   

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they aren't lying. They gain nothing by delaying surgery, and if the results were clear that he needed TJ, he'd be getting that ASAP, they are likely waiting for more tests, not just pushing back the inevitable to give the fans false hope via GM speak.

2 minutes ago, Explosivo said:

I agree DC has been nails, but I think Hyde's approach will be the matchup game. The beauty of Bautista is that his stuff matched up well against anyone. So I think it'll be more of a closer by matchup concept as opposed to a set pitcher in that position. 

I'll be surprised if it's not bullpen by committee from here on out.

12 minutes ago, Explosivo said:

Coulombe has been pretty consistent with both sides of the plate. Edit: Corrected the table.

image.png.b5793ed6c3bcd835c3908bc35e225156.png

Edited by Malike

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think Hyde is a by committee guy.

So few managers are at the end of the day (game).

I'd rather see the Orioles play match ups use Cano in the 8th inning if it makes most sense and let Coulombe close out the 9th. The one silver lining is the Orioles have a little over a month to figure this out before the playoffs start.

1 hour ago, Baltimorecuse said:

The chart I looked at showed us with one more opp.  I didn't say we had the best save percentage did I.  Last time I looked Felix had 6 blown saves but we only lost two of those games.  

That means that we either scored the next inning and won the game at home, or someone else saved that game on the road.  Either way, they were blown saves.  The outcome of the game doesn't minimize the fact the he didn't hold the lead.

That being said, I'd still rather have him healthy and pitching for my team, so I'm not being negative towards him above, just clarifying that 4 times he blew saves, THE TEAM was good enough to overcome it.  4 out of 6 times....I kind of like those odds.

• Upvote 2