Arm injury for Bautista?

Sports Guy

10 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Who said anything about crying and rolling over and “showing your belling and dying” whatever that might mean?

I was stated an obvious fact that we will try to replace Felix with someone who is not as good and hope for the best. It doesn’t mean that our season is over but it is a major blow.

Ok, the tone of your post was just a bit more…apocalyptic and dramatic. It definitely will be a blow, but it’s an opportunity for someone to step forward. 

When an animal gives up the fight and submits, it rolls over and shows it’s belly. They’re not done.

16 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Wondering if TJS will be needed.  If yes, we'll be missing Felix most if not all of next season too.  Ugh.

not that im looking to next year whatsoever but there is the downside of hoping he can sit and it be fine without surgery then it aggravates/tears in spring training and you lose him deep into 2025 also... but lets face it power pitchers like this have less of a chance to recover from TJ than others but we can be hopeful 

Terrible loss (hopefully short term), but I'd really like to see the team give Hall a long hard look as a closer replacement. I think he has the mentality for it and they can worry about stretching him back out next season. And I know the idea of having a set closer is a bit antiquated, but I honestly don't trust Hyde's ability to mix and match successfully in the 9th with different relievers. Give Hall a shot and let's see if he can swim. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Wondering if TJS will be needed.  If yes, we'll be missing Felix most if not all of next season too.  Ugh.

Let's cross that bridge if/when we get to it. There are plenty of band-aid RPs they can sign to a short term deal to bridge the gap (if needed). Robertson, Neris, Hader, Chapman, Hudson, etc. are all potential FAs/fill-ins next season. 

16 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Terrible loss (hopefully short term), but I'd really like to see the team give Hall a long hard look as a closer replacement. I think he has the mentality for it and they can worry about stretching him back out next season. And I know the idea of having a set closer is a bit antiquated, but I honestly don't trust Hyde's ability to mix and match successfully in the 9th with different relievers. Give Hall a shot and let's see if he can swim. 

Isn’t the concern with Hall control and consistently throwing strikes?

1 hour ago, Brian88 said:

I can imagine him saying it five times.

Sorry about that. Each time I pressed the button to send the post, nothing happened. Sometimes the screen froze, and sometimes it took me to some terrific offers from sellers of bearch umbrellas, real estate agents, and I forget what else, even though my pop-up blocker is one. 

Frustrating. At least it was a short post, and my ineptness gave a few of you a laugh.

Edited by spiritof66
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

Sorry about that. Each time I pressed the button to send the post, nothing happened. Sometimes the screen froze, and sometimes it took me to some terrific offers from sellers of bearch umbrellas, real estate agents, and I forget what else, even though my pop-up blocker is one. 

Frustrating. At least it was a short post, and my ineptness gave a few of you a laugh.

I've done it. All good. 

Pro football doc on Twitter basically said he’s going to need TJ surgery. Now obviously his background is more football. But his point was with how hard Bautista throws, even if he doesn’t have surgery now, he’ll need to at some point 

1 hour ago, spiritof66 said:

I could use a beach umbrella If you can send me one,much appreciated. Beachfront property is also appreciated. Need somewhere to plant  my umbrella 

Three questions/issues.  1) Can the high leverage /late inning outs obtained by Felix be replaced /obtained by others?  2) Can the starters pitch deeper to shorten the reliance on the BP? 3) Does the injury hurt the O's confidence, chemistry?   

Players are close and it seems the "loss" of FB  feels more like a huge blow (which it is) but they have and can overcome this.   Also he has been built up into the "Mountain" late inning dramatics at home.  He is not Mariano Rivera. 

Felix does not and should not define this team.  Other players need to step up, injuries are part of sports - Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco are SB QB's - anything can happen.   Dealing with and overcoming this will define the 2023 season/players on the team. 

Three questions/issues.  1) Can the high leverage /late inning outs obtained by Felix be replaced /obtained by others?  2) Can the starters pitch deeper to shorten the reliance on the BP? 3) Does the injury hurt the O's confidence, chemistry?   

Players are close and it seems the "loss" of FB  feels more like a huge blow (which it is) but they have and can overcome this.   Also he has been built up into the "Mountain" late inning dramatics at home.  He is not Mariano Rivera. 

Felix does not and should not define this team.  Other players need to step up, injuries are part of sports - Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco are SB QB's - anything can happen.   Dealing with and overcoming this will define the 2023 season/players on the team. 

Where is the Animal House speech - Hyder needs to play in the locker room.