Sunday, August 27: Orioles go for sweep of Rockies

SteveA

Just now, Yossarian said:

Did Kevin say Adley leads the Majors in strikes called against him that were outside the strike zone?  I could believe that.  That's a lack of respect. 

Probably also related to the fact that he takes more pitches than an average hitter, as well. 

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Oh man, if they kill those bees the Orioles are going to get terrible national attention lol.

Do it. 

My wife won’t get our yard bug sprayed because it’ll kill off the bees. And I’m like, there are plenty of bees all over the goddamn world, they’re not an endangered ****ing species. I’d like to be outside without getting bug bites all over. 

But no, the bees stay. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Do it. 

My wife won’t get our yard bug sprayed because it’ll kill off the bees. And I’m like, there are plenty of bees all over the goddamn world, they’re not an endangered ****ing species. I’d like to be outside without getting bug bites all over. 

But no, the bees stay. 

Unsurprisingly your wife is correct 😛, there's been a massive drop off in bee and insect population, which is highly ecologically problematic (or if you like flowers). Put on some good insect repellent and/or turn on a fan. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Yossarian said:

Bees are fine.  If it's wasps or yellow jackets, we'll, they are just a$$holes.

yep, mosquitos are assholes too btw. Anyone figures out how to kill the dang mosquitos without killing everything else will make a dang fortune. 

I don't know why guys start jogging to first with no pause whatsoever after taking a pitch in a three ball count.  Umpires absolutely hate that, they think you're showing them up. 

I'm pretty sure that they'd call a strike in that scenario on a pitch landing in the second row, if they thought they could get away with it.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Well McCann will catch 2 games this series and 6-9 leave a lot to be desired. 
    • He is 28 innings past his career high IP for a season…it’s mid June. Don’t get me wrong, I like him. But I’d be very wary of trading for him and relying on him down the stretch as he will pretty easily get close to 3x his career high for IP shy of an injury or getting shut down / sent to the pen. 
    • They look like they already tinkered with his knuckle curve.  Not as much break but still sharp and he was actually pretty consistent with it.  It’s a SSS but his overall control looks much better with Seattle.  
    • I mean, he's not a closer. That's on Seattle for trying to use him like that in a 1-0 game. He's a solid middle reliever, but shouldn't be overextended into high leverage like that. 
    • I had never heard of Luke Dickerson before.  His HS is about an hour away from me.  Baseball America does a top 500 ranking.  I thought I’d find him in the top 100.  Nope.  I searched by “Luke” and he popped up at #311.  That’s some late riser!   Here’s the write up.   Is he supposed to be in top 2 rounds consideration? 311. Luke Dickerson SS Ht: 6'0" | Wt: 185 | B-T: R-R Age: null School: Morris Knolls HS, Rockaway, N.J. Commit/Drafted: Virginia Age At Draft: 18.9 Dickerson has been one of the better offensive performers among high school hitters in the northeast, which along with his athleticism has piqued the interest of scouts. Dickerson, who won a hockey state championship in March, has a strong, compact frame and plus speed. Scouts highest on him see an offensive-minded righthanded hitter who has shown solid feel for hitting and for the strike zone with the ability to use the middle of the field, along with an uptick in power production this spring. Dickerson has played shortstop but has experience in the center field as well, with second base or the outfield potential fits for him long term.
    • Santander has not had an off day since 5/30. Tomorrow would be would a good day to gives Stowers a RF start and Santander a bench day. Did it yesterday with Mounty it also could work with Hays or Mullins. The could easily get him 3 or 4 starts a week, whether or not they do is another question.  
  • Popular Contributors