Wednesday afternoon August 30: Orioles try to cap spectacular month with sweep of White Sox

SteveA

13 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Normally, if you win 2 out of 3 every series, you will be more than fine. The trouble in this case is that your competition has been winning 4 out of 5.

I really thought after TB lost McClanahan and Franco they'd pack it in.. instead the opposite has happened. 

32 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Normally, if you win 2 out of 3 every series, you will be more than fine. The trouble in this case is that your competition has been winning 4 out of 5.

When Adam Frazier singled home the 4th run, the Orioles had a win probability of 85%. Win Probability didn't know Gibson and Voth were going to be the two pitchers holding that 4-0 lead. lol 

Gibson has become quite frustrating. He had a 6.10 ERA over his last 12 starts and that obviously went up after today. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

I really thought after TB lost McClanahan and Franco they'd pack it in.. instead the opposite has happened. 

I wouldn’t expect them to pack it in.  I would have thought they hadn’t played this well but they are beating bad teams as the Orioles have.  Lets see what September brings.  They have a tougher schedule at least on paper.

Edited by accinfo

I refuse to complain after winning 2 of 3 once again, but I wasn't watching this one and would be frustrated after they took a 4-0 lead in the first and you start thinking another laugher. Then, Gibson gives it right back up. That's not why he was acquired. 

Veteran pitchers are not supposed to just get creamed after being given a 4-run lead. One of the problems with Gibson is when he's bad, he's real bad. the good news is tends to get on a string of decent outings after a real bad one so hopefully he'll be better the next time out. 

But yeah, this was a stinker.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I refuse to complain after winning 2 of 3 once again, but I wasn't watching this one and would be frustrated after they took a 4-0 lead in the first and you start thinking another laugher. Then, Gibson gives it right back up. That's not why he was acquired. 

Veteran pitchers are not supposed to just get creamed after being given a 4-run lead. One of the problems with Gibson is when he's bad, he's real bad. the good news is tends to get on a string of decent outings after a real bad one so hopefully he'll be better the next time out. 

But yeah, this was a stinker.

Gibson is way to inconsistent to start in playoffs

39 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Barring a miracle bottom of the 9th, we will finish August at 18-9.

If Tampa wins tonight, they will finish August 17-8, pretty much the same as us.
If Tampa loses tonight, they will finish August 16-9. a game worse than us.

They have swept one series in the entire month so far (Colorado).   A win tonight would give them a 2nd (a 2 game series vs Miami).
We have already swept two 3 game series this month (Mets and A's).

Not sure where this perception is coming from that they are playing way better than us.   It's been pretty darn even.   We were a LITTLE better than them early in the month and they have been a LITTLE better than us the last week or week and a half.