Eduardo Rodriguez since the trade deadline

Three Run Homer

54 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

We’ll have Means back in a week. I’d rather have him in our rotation while keeping the prospects we’d have given up in an ER deal. 

I am confident that Means will return to be a rotation stalwart next season.  We'll see if he can help this year--sometimes pitchers returning from TJS take a while to shake off the rust.   In any case, with three mediocre starters currently in our rotation, we'd have room to give Means a shot even if we had acquired EdRod.  

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

E Rod should have let the Tigers know he wasn't approving a trade to the West Coast as soon as Detroit gave an indication they might trade him. 

Maybe he did and they went ahead anyway thinking he'd change his mind?  Maybe his input wasn't requested?  Maybe he's blowing smoke about being willing to accept a trade to BAL/BOS/MIA?

We don't know and won't ever know.

We also won't know if the O's ever tendered an offer.

13 hours ago, TheWall said:

Don't add context - that doesn't fit his narrative. Maybe we should have gone all in for Cease -- we could have had his 8+ ERA in August if we were willing to offer up some real prospects at the deadline. 

If we were a serious team, we would have outbid the Yankees for Carlos Rodon 

11 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

E Rod should have let the Tigers know he wasn't approving a trade to the West Coast as soon as Detroit gave an indication they might trade him. 

He has a 10 team no trade clause. LA is on the list. Detroit should have had a backup deal in place knowing he probably wasn't going to approve the trade, or at least was within his rights not to. This is not on Eduardo, he has every right to decline a trade.

9 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I doubt the Orioles tried to get Ed-Rodriguez because his yearly salary is too expensive for the tastes of John Angelos.

Amazing how so many panties can get into a wad when nobody knows what they wanted from us for EdRod, a rental. 

15 hours ago, TheWall said:

Don't add context - that doesn't fit his narrative. Maybe we should have gone all in for Cease -- we could have had his 8+ ERA in August if we were willing to offer up some real prospects at the deadline. 

I'm glad we chose to "cease and desist" on that option.  🤣  Sorry, I couldn't help myself.  😆

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

He has a 10 team no trade clause. LA is on the list. Detroit should have had a backup deal in place knowing he probably wasn't going to approve the trade, or at least was within his rights not to. This is not on Eduardo, he has every right to decline a trade.

Yeah, I can see that side.  I thought he had a total no trade clause, where he had to approve any trade.  Well, the lack of communication definitely cost the Tigers.  It might work out ok for them as their team seems to have turned around and could have a 2022 O's type breakout next year.