AI designs a futuristic Orioles hat

Tony-OH

1 hour ago, baltfan said:

It's troublesome to me that it seems like every time someone has one of these designed by AI it ends up looking mean.  I actually kind of like this, but also am a bit concerned that the AI seems inclined to violence and meanness vs. whimsy. 

They fed it the wrong movies before asking it to do the design.  Shoulda lightened up on the Quentin Tarantino.

• Haha 1

Just a wild guess, but since the Ravens and the Orioles are both tightly associated with Baltimore in the complex web of parameters that go into a large language model, it's likely the algorithm took significant inspiration from both Orioles and Ravens mascots to produce sort of a fusion of the two. This is how language and image models work.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

I made some more wild-looking, futuristic Orioles hats using Midjourney (I have a paid plan that allows me to distribute these to an unlimited audience royalty-free):

ohat1.png

ohat2.png

ohat3.png

ohat4.png

ohat5.png

ohat6.png

Some look close to an Oriole but none are truly an Oriole.   Some of the coolest actually look more like a dragon or a firebird.   I like most of them as art.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, allquixotic said:

I made some more wild-looking, futuristic Orioles hats using Midjourney (I have a paid plan that allows me to distribute these to an unlimited audience royalty-free):

ohat1.png

ohat2.png

ohat3.png

ohat4.png

ohat5.png

ohat6.png

Hat #1 would bring a whole new sense of adventure to sliding into second base.

• Haha 1