Friday Sept 8th. Redsox chances on life support.

Gurgi

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I mean imagine having Burnes for 1 single year, and your only other move is Kimbrel. In hindsight it seems pretty ridiculous. 
    • I'd pitch Tate or Akin over Cano, even Perez or Baker, probably.
    • I agree with the OP. Elias seems to have wildly miscalculated his bullpen and overall pitching staff. Bradish and Means should not have been factored into the equation at all given their injuries, and counting on Wells was suspect as well.  He didn't find this year's Danny Coulombe or Cano. No magical waiver claims or trade finds to speak of this year.  Way too much reliance on guys like Perez and Webb, and even Cano, who he should have figured would regress.  Just a lack of action with regards to the pitching. He made two pitching moves in the offseason and 0 that have worked out  so far during the season (the various waiver claims and minor league deals).  What are we doing here exactly? 
    • If "all in" means there's a legit chance to win a championship... this is "an" all in year, but it certainly won't be the only one.  Elias is not going to sell off half the farm out of desperation, nor should he.   He really needs to add more pitching though, which we all know and which has been true since the beginning of last season.  It will be true next year and probably every year.  In this regard, I'm not thrilled with his efforts to date but there's another huge opportunity in front of him right now.  The Orioles really have to start developing and paying for more pitching going forward because the bats are here and ready.
    • IMO, this off season is a time for Rubinstein to prove himself as much as Elias. An owner doesn't make trades and if you are talking about taking on big contracts - takes two to tango. I'm not using this trade delined as an indicator for new ownership, but I am anxious to see how next year's budget/payroll plays out.
    • It's low hanging fruit to laugh at the doom-and-gloom crowd, the sky-is-falling Chicken Littles, and the run-for-the-hills Billies.  So, fruit duly plucked. 🤣 However, there is some truth within their pessimistic outlook.  It's absolutely fair to be concerned about our pitching.  Who's to say who is right or wrong in how much concern there should be?  Well, we all have a say.  It's why we're here.  The beloved @Roy Firestone is admittedly the most pessimistic Game Thread poster in history, yet no one questions his love of the O's.  Nor should we berate those with strongly pessimistic views about our chances as being less of a fan.   It's just my two cents, but I think it's readily apparent that we need to add to our pitching and I believe Elias will address it.  A quality starter and a reliever or two would likely do wonders for the team... and our collective sanity.   I just don't feel we'd need to deal Holliday, or Mayo, or Basallo to get there.  Then again, I may be wrong.  
  • Popular Contributors