NFL ticket/MLB equivalent

OriolesMagic83

I just learned from my roommate that NFL ticket costs $400/year.  Sad that MLB can't come up with a similar product, while the NFL rakes in billions.  Only 2.5 million people would have to sign up for a billion in revenue.  Most teams, w/ the O's being prime examples can't see past the end of their nose.

As others have pointed out, it's the RSNs which are stopping in market streaming, not MLB.

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I just learned from my roommate that NFL ticket costs $400/year.  Sad that MLB can't come up with a similar product, while the NFL rakes in billions.  Only 2.5 million people would have to sign up for a billion in revenue.  Most teams, w/ the O's being prime examples can't see past the end of their nose.

As othershave pointed out, it's the RSNs which are stopping in market streaming, not MLB.

Your roommate has the wrong information. NFL Sunday Ticket is on Youtube.TV for $350 but you got a discount of $50 if you signed up before the season started. Then you could get an extra $50 off if you bundle it up with your Internet provider, in my case it was Frontier optical cable. So I am paying $250 for it.

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

As others have pointed out, it's the RSNs which are stopping in market streaming, not MLB.

Direct TV sells a streaming version of their service includes MASN for $100 per month. 

https://www.tvguide.com/news/how-to-watch-masn/

• Upvote 1

I gave up and just went back to Xfinity.  Kudos to you guys that can get MLB tv to work, but MASN is working hard to block it.  Customer service center was overseas, I think in the Phillippines and no one even knew what baseball was.  After mispronouncing everything I said for 1/2 hour and not able to find MASN in cable lineup, I finally got sent to problem resolution, which was someone back in U.S.  Guy from Boston who was a baseball fan about my age.  Had a good conversation about the O's/baseball and now back in business. 

If you have a paid off phone and sign up with Comcast, you can save $35 per month.  I guess I fought the law (Angelos) and the law won. 

On 9/10/2023 at 3:24 PM, OriolesMagic83 said:

I signed up for this (NFL+)  a few hours before the Thursday night game. When the game started the stream wouldn't load, then I found out NFL doesn't even provide phone support for this product. I had to search through the help to find possible solutions and then decided screw this.. I asked for a refund the same night. Amazing the rich NFL can't provide phone support for their own product. MLB has it all over the NFL in this area. BTW I still watch the games (free) using what's available on the internet.  

1 hour ago, fansince1988 said:

If you are in-market, you can get Paramount Plus (CBS) which broadcasts 8 of the Ravens games for $5/month. I can get a majority of the remaining games free (FOX and NBC) on my indoor HD antenna. 

Key point is “if you’re in-market”. 
mlb.tv and NFL Sunday Ticker really serve no purpose for those in-market. 
For those of us out of market we pay a premium to get the coverage that we need. 

• Upvote 1

I love NFL Plus.  Instead of paying $100 or more for YouTube tv or Hulu Live I pay $16  and get all the locally aired games live, replays of all games, NFL network, and Red Zone.   I have to watch on my tablet but that is okay.  I have Paramount Plus for Ravens games on CBS.  I signed up for that with a one year promotional price of $5 per month, I think.

MLB tv I get for free as a T-Mobile customer.  Love it but O's are blacked out.  

I'm going to have to splurge on YouTube tv this October.  

42 minutes ago, higgybaby said:

Key point is “if you’re in-market”. 
mlb.tv and NFL Sunday Ticker really serve no purpose for those in-market. 
For those of us out of market we pay a premium to get the coverage that we need. 

I have had NFL Sunday Ticket(ST) for the last 27 years on DIRECTV(D*). I paid for it twice in 27 years. This year I had to pay $350 to get it on you tube. I did like that you can pick just about any combination of 4 games to watch at once including red zone.

D* also game me MLB package free for the rest of the year so it's cool that I can now watch the O's instead of game cast or radio. (I'm in PA)

But yes, the packages only make sense if you are OOM and can't watch your team...otherwise they are blacked out anyway. The entire season only cost $149.

D* had a strong hold on NFL but I think MLB extra innings is offered by many providers.