Heston Kjerstad 2023

Spy Fox

Thought it was an impressive hit. Needed to really turn on that pitch to make contact -- so the fact that he could make a deposit into the crowd that seemed to easily fall out of the sky like a late-August tomato from heaven made it all the more cool.

If that's where the Shwarber talk comes from, I get it.

All these kids around... we might need a bigger car just to handle the groceries!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

If he's on the 40/28 he should be getting everyday ABs, especially over Frazier right now, who is 3-26 against Tampa this year. Urias to 3rd, JW to second and keep ROH out of the OF. Kjerstad/Cowser should be the lefty bat that takes away those ABs from Frazier (and Hicks) unless there are extreme matchup favors for Frazier/Hicks. I'm not a Frazier hater (actually defend him quite a bit) or a Hicks hater but if HK is with the big club he should be taking away ABs from Frazier and Hicks.

The kid obviously has big time pop. I'm shocked that they pulled the trigger on him this season but again, if he's up he should be hitting everyday. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, banks703 said:

If he's on the 40/28 he should be getting everyday ABs, especially over Frazier right now, who is 3-26 against Tampa this year. Urias to 3rd, JW to second and keep ROH out of the OF. Kjerstad/Cowser should be the lefty bat that takes away those ABs from Frazier (and Hicks) unless there are extreme matchup favors for Frazier/Hicks. I'm not a Frazier hater (actually defend him quite a bit) or a Hicks hater but if HK is with the big club he should be taking away ABs from Frazier and Hicks.

The kid obviously has big time pop. I'm shocked that they pulled the trigger on him this season but again, if he's up he should be hitting everyday. 

Totally onboard for that.

If he hits and he's contributing to some much needed offense right now, it's a great boost to our chances as well as the youth movement story arc we're on right now. 

1 hour ago, baltfan said:

Frazier doesn’t seem to be doing the things he is here for.  He is striking out too much for his power. Moreover, the power has basically gone away.  Bat Kjerstad, at least he is a threat. 

Frazier hasn’t hit a home run since July 31st and has a .647 OPS in 84 plate appearances since that last home run. Kjerstad needs to be in the lineup he might provide a spark to an offense that has suddenly gone cold. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Say O! said:

Broadcast last night showed some of HKs batting practice, gushing about the sound off the bat, and showing he hit at least one above the batter eye in centerfield (that’s scoreboard height and likely 475ft+).

I saw the replay of the BP homer during the game last night.  I don’t recall ever seeing anybody hit the centerfield scoreboard structure.  That’s legit light-tower power.

One of these left handed bats coming through the system is going to hit the warehouse in the next few years.  Kjerstad, Gunnar, Bassallo, somebody else?  And I remember when the stadium opened and everyone was sure that Sam Horn was just going to be peppering the warehouse all season long.  He we are, 31 years later, and nobody has yet to do it in a game.  

4 minutes ago, jdwilde1 said:

I saw the replay of the BP homer during the game last night.  I don’t recall ever seeing anybody hit the centerfield scoreboard structure.  That’s legit light-tower power.

One of these left handed bats coming through the system is going to hit the warehouse in the next few years.  Kjerstad, Gunnar, Bassallo, somebody else?  And I remember when the stadium opened and everyone was sure that Sam Horn was just going to be peppering the warehouse all season long.  He we are, 31 years later, and nobody has yet to do it in a game.  

No one is going to legit hit the warehouse.

If it hasn't happened yet, odds are really good it never will.

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

No one is going to legit hit the warehouse.

If it hasn't happened yet, odds are really good it never will.

While the requirements for this are pretty tight (HOF caliber power hitter, left handed) I dare say that at least a couple of players (bonds, maybe Griffey) would have hit it if they played their career in Baltimore.