Playoff Tickets

SilverRocket

8 hours ago, Upper Deck John said:

I had a similar item when I purchased but I just purchased my seats then when back in and did parking on a separate transaction 

Yes.  Me too.  I purchased the wrong date, and once purchased I had used up my code. 

On 9/17/2023 at 12:52 PM, SilverRocket said:

I live in California and am thinking about flying to the area for a playoff game. Is anyone familiar with the process of getting tickets? I see that Birdland members get priority (which I'd prefer not to join, not being local), but for non-members, how difficult is it to obtain tickets, either directly or second-hand? Is there a particular ticketing site like Stubhub that's commonly used and reliable (at least with low scam risk) for O's tickets?

I also noted, when looking to see if parking was available, that Seatgeek does tell you whether seats are on the aisle. 

I'm buying tomorrow too. Flex Pro plan here. First time.

I'm wondering how the selection process goes if the seeding is still up in the air -- which could change the home dates. What are you guys counting on? I've heard it's like: game 1, game 2, game 3... where the numbered games reflect the number played in Baltimore, not obviously the number in the series.

I guess what I'm wondering is:

Have you guys found a way to reason out which games are likely to be in Baltimore given they'll be either the top seed or 4th (1st wildcard) seed? 

Wish I had more flexibility throughout but that's not the case, so trying to hedge my bets if at possible.

Edited by AdamK

Interestingly, my email says I can buy 4 seats to three games. As a 2023 $1200 flex plan holder, I’m entitled to one game in each series with four tickets to each game. This says I can buy tickets to multiple games in a single series. 

My friend got a $2500 2024 flex plan. His presale is at noon tomorrow (2 hours after mine). When he bought, it said he got 2 tickets to two games per series. His email though says he gets 2 tickets to every game. 

57 minutes ago, AdamK said:

I'm buying tomorrow too. Flex Pro plan here. First time.

I'm wondering how the selection process goes if the seeding is still up in the air -- which could change the home dates. What are you guys counting on? I've heard it's like: game 1, game 2, game 3... where the numbered games reflect the number played in Baltimore, not obviously the number in the series.

I guess what I'm wondering is: will it be clear enough to understand once in the interface? Have you guys found a way to reason out which games are likely to be in Baltimore given they'll be either the top seed or 4th (1st wildcard) seed?

I have school age kids and some out of town obligations on two weekends, which make me nervous.

If they’re the fourth wild card, all three wild card games will be played in Baltimore. If they then win the WC, they would play in Baltimore 10/10 and 10/11. If they win the ALDS, the ALCS would depend upon who wins the other ALDS. If the division winner won, they’d play in Baltimore 10/18-10/20. If the WC team won, they’d play in Baltimore 10/15-10/16 and potentially 10/22-10/23. 

If they are the 1 seed, the ALDS would be in Baltimore 10/7-10/8 and 10/13 (if req’d). If they won the ALDS, the ALCS would be in Baltimore, 10/15-10/16 and potentially 10/22-10/23.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, schittenden said:

Interestingly, my email says I can buy 4 seats to three games. As a 2023 $1200 flex plan holder, I’m entitled to one game in each series with four tickets to each game. This says I can buy tickets to multiple games in a single series. 

My friend got a $2500 2024 flex plan. His presale is at noon tomorrow (2 hours after mine). When he bought, it said he got 2 tickets to two games per series. His email though says he gets 2 tickets to every game. 

I'm reading the same thing you are: up to 4 tix, up to 3 games a series, but it was advertised as up to 4 tix once per series.

I go at 12p ET. Sounds like it was based on seniority.

6 minutes ago, AdamK said:

I'm reading the same thing you are: up to 4 tix, up to 3 games a series, but it was advertised as up to 4 tix once per series.

I go at 12p ET. Sounds like it was based on seniority.

Yes.  I was allowed 3 games, one from each of the three series; when I tried to get them for a second game in the same series, it wouldn't allow it. I was automatically slotted for 2 seats next to each other for each game I chose (my 13-game plan is 2 seats).

Here's what my email said about seniority:

As a valued Birdland Member, your presale access to 2023 Postseason tickets is today! This offer will include access for up to three (3) home games in the Wild Card Series presented by Hankook, American League Divisional Series (ALDS) presented by Booking.com, and American League Championship Series (ALCS) presented by loanDepot. Your presale access has been determined based on your Membership Level and seniority, and will occur as follows:  

10 minutes ago, justD said:

Yes.  I was allowed 3 games, one from each of the three series; when I tried to get them for a second game in the same series, it wouldn't allow it. I was automatically slotted for 2 seats next to each other for each game I chose (my 13-game plan is 2 seats).

Here's what my email said about seniority:

This is how my email reads:

This offer will include access for up to three (3) home games in the Wild Card Series presented by Hankook, American League Division Series (ALDS) presented by Booking.com, and American League Championship Series (ALCS) presented by loanDepot. Your presale access has been determined based on your Membership Level and seniority, and will occur as follows:  

Presale Date & Time: Wednesday, September 20 at 10 a.m. ET

Tickets per Game: 4

Unique Offer Code: #######

Please note that you can enter the sale with your code a MAXIMUM of 3 times. If you choose to purchase more than 1 game in a series, you will not be allowed to go back in once you have completed 3 orders.

42 minutes ago, schittenden said:

This offer will include access for up to three (3) home games in the Wild Card Series presented by Hankook, American League Division Series (ALDS) presented by Booking.com, and American League Championship Series (ALCS) presented by loanDepot. Your presale access has been determined based on your Membership Level and seniority, and will occur as follows:  

Please note that you can enter the sale with your code a MAXIMUM of 3 times. If you choose to purchase more than 1 game in a series, you will not be allowed to go back in once you have completed 3 orders.

Wow. Not only is there that extra paragraph that I didn’t have in mine, but it also pretty clearly says you can buy multiples in the same series and I know that I  definitely went in and used the code more than three times.

So yeah, you’ve got a different set up than I had. Good luck!

With online bots (that are very, VERY good at not being detected), it is possible to automate clicks in your web browser in a way that is basically undetectable to the website, and go through the website and buy tickets way faster than a human can.

As a result of this, all tickets will INSTANTLY sell out (and by "instantly", I mean within 30-60 seconds of them becoming available to the general public). After that, 70% of the tickets will be put right back on the market, either private sale, on StubHub, on SeatGeek, or other sites -- for a massive, enormous, hideous markup.

This is called scalping, and it used to be bad in the old days, but it's completely unreasonable and beyond the pale now. Expect to pay between 3x to 50x the cost of the ticket if you'd bought it directly from the Orioles if you are getting a scalped ticket.

Pretty much the only way to get a reasonably priced ticket to a playoff game (and by "reasonable" I mean only a few hundred dollars, not a few thousand) is by getting a Birdland Membership, or using a web automation bot yourself.

6 hours ago, schittenden said:

The first paragraph is boilerplate ("up to three") and the last paragraph are the limitations on your particular birdland tier/code.

2 hours ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

The first paragraph is boilerplate ("up to three") and the last paragraph are the limitations on your particular birdland tier/code.

Yes, but my point is that my tier is supposed to get 4 tickets to one game per series, but I’m actually being offered three games total to any series, so if I don’t think they’re going to play in the wild card round, I can allocate that series set of tickets to the division series or championship series. Also, for some reason, my friend who is supposed to get two games per series is being given access to all games. It’s like they reallocated the wild card series tickets to the other series almost in anticipation of winning the division. 

1 hour ago, schittenden said:

Yes, but my point is that my tier is supposed to get 4 tickets to one game per series, but I’m actually being offered three games total to any series, so if I don’t think they’re going to play in the wild card round, I can allocate that series set of tickets to the division series or championship series. Also, for some reason, my friend who is supposed to get two games per series is being given access to all games. It’s like they reallocated the wild card series tickets to the other series almost in anticipation of winning the division. 

The wording is sloppy, but based on other reports on here I think it still might cap you at one game per series. I guess it's worth a shot if you'd rather go ALCS heavy vs ALDS or vice-versa, but I'm not expecting it to work that way for me.