Monday, September 18: AL East leading Orioles begin final regular season road trip in Houston

SteveA

I understand the frustration with the wild pitches, but Fuji had some bad luck there and has been pitching pretty well recently.  He gave up a triple that is probably an out in 29/30 ballparks (not sure about Fenway), a hard-hit grounder (97mph) that was booted by Westburg, and a ground ball single through a drawn-in infield that wasn’t hit that hard.  That same sequence could have been a 3 up 3 down at OPACY.  

Enron Field err… Minute Maid Park is a unique ballpark that produces some weird results.

The O's bullpen has the second best ERA in the league -- so we're getting way carried away with the idea of our bullpen being not good.  These are the Houston Astros after all.

But it does beg the question -- if our bullpen is so good, then why are we picking up guys castoffs like Fuji, Lopez and Webb?  

I guess we have something resembling a shutdown bullpen if it's Coulombe, Cano and Bautista 7,8 and 9.  Anything other than that -- even though Perez has been much better lately -- I think it's more of a coinflip.  

Just now, FlipTheBird said:

You say this every night.

We seem to lack a true ace and we lost our close out bullpen guy.  And we dont have a massive bat......Gunner seems to be turning into one before our eyes but he is not quite there yet.  

But the Dodgers have flaws.  So do a lot of teams this year so who knows?  Maybe our offense gets red hot for two weeks and we take the whole thing.  It could happen.  

Just now, jdwilde1 said:

I understand the frustration with the wild pitches, but Fuji had some bad luck there and has been pitching pretty well recently.  He gave up a triple that is probably an out in 29/30 ballparks (not sure about Fenway), a hard-hit grounder (97mph) that was booted by Westburg, and a ground ball single through a drawn-in infield that wasn’t hit that hard.  That same sequence could have been a 3 up 3 down at OPACY.  

Enron Field err… Minute Maid Park is a unique ballpark that produces some weird results.

Yes good point

Just now, jdwilde1 said:

Dude... he almost hit the announcers in the broadcast booth