Now that we’re in, do we care who wins the AL West and the wild cards?

Frobby

Honestly, I’m not sure I care much.  Anyone we play could be a tough out, and none of them are invincible either.  I dislike Toronto, but I want them to do enough damage to Tampa Bay the the next 2 weeks for us to secure the division title.  If that means that Toronto makes the playoffs, so be it.  Houston is the team that worries me the most, so I wouldn’t complain if they were the odd team out, but that’s unlikely.  Seattle and Texas?   Whatever.  

Rangers and Astros have both been underwhelming lately.  Toronto and Seattle actually would worry me more.  I'll just be thrilled to win the division and play late into October, no matter who we face.  As long as we end up facing a National League team before it's all said and done, that is.

I view it as six of one, half-dozen of the other. Every team in the field could win a short series - it's not like someone out there's a dud.

Gun to my head (and assuming O's do in fact win the East and the No. 1 seed), I'd say I'd root for Toronto to hang on to the 5 seed and hopefully upset Tampa. But I'm not writing the Jays off as an easy W, either. Still a good team.

I've been hoping for the Ranger's slide since their hot streak back when we faced them in the summer, but I'm not so sure now.  We're a real good club.  I had confidence in that then, but I have some more confidence in us now.  Which makes me think it's not that big of a worry.  But I still would rather not see the Rangers in the Playoff pic. ;)

I don't really want to face Houston to be honest.  The lineup is scary.

I'm fine with anyone else.  Mariners rotation is scary but their lineup is anything but.  Just pitch around Rodriguez and let everyone else beat you.  Maybe we can win another 1-0 game in 10. 

The 2 seed clearly gets the better opponents, facing Minnesota or the worst WC.  But it is what it is.

Edited by Hallas

I want to be clear about one thing: i don’t “fear” any of these teams.  They should be fearing us.  It’s a lot tougher to get through a season at .624 winning percentage than .560ish.  But that doesn’t mean we can’t lose to any of them.  That’s the nature of a short series.  

Last year the Phillies surged to get into the playoffs and were playing great baseball at the right time.   

~2 weeks to go,  so things can change, but other than Tampa, none of the team's are really surging.  To me,  that makes me care a bit less about who wins.   

Edited by jerios55
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jerios55 said:

Last year the Phillies surged to get into the playoffs and were playing great baseball at the right time.   

~2 weeks to go,  so things can change, but other than Tampa, none of the team's are really surging.  To me,  that makes me care a bit less about who wins.   

I agree.  I wasn't there 6 weeks ago, but we still continue to win at a higher rate than any of the teams we might face.  I still don't wann see the Rangers... hahaha.

Edit - - - they are the only team with a winning record against the East...

Edited by drjohnnyfever1