Friday, September 22: Orioles face Guardians and Shane Bieber (just off the IL)

SteveA

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

They lost tonight because they were terrible defensively but also the ball was getting hit pretty hard. 

At the same time Irvin sucked tonight for Norfolk. 

Big picture is pretty good…. but I wish I hadn’t watched this disaster this evening. 

No you don't.  It was a crazy good game.  We lost.  Rays lost.  All is well.

2 minutes ago, ONUOsFan said:

Three days ago we won a series on the road against the defending World Series champs after winning the last two games against the Rays. We are still likely to win the division.

Chill.  

The team could be in the middle of a long losing streak… not overreaction. Too many demoralizing losses in a row can sink a team for a while. Maybe Cleveland is satisfied and calls the dogs off… that’s the only thing that might prevent a sweep.

2 minutes ago, vab said:

I don't know why everybody is complaining about Irvin, it's not like he can give you bulk relief every night or every other night. The problem is the starters going 4-5 innings every night. 

Well if you have a true long reliever capable of covering 3-5 innings that’s one less day that you have to use 6 relievers