This team is visibly gassed

Sanfran327

It certainly wasn’t how I drew it up - it was better. 

Both starters going at least 7 and getting the W while giving the bullpen major rest heading into an off day. Can’t draw it up any better than that.  

Now we kick back and wait for the next champagne celly for the division title. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/23/2023 at 9:02 AM, Sanfran327 said:

I don’t think there’s much more to it. I don’t think they’re choking, I don’t think they have the yips, and I don’t think they’re cursed. This is what happens when you have to play the final 23 of 162 in 24 days. 

If I’m Hyde, I’d consider manufacturing an off day. Tampa plays before us today, and if they lose, I’d manage tonight like a playoff game to try to get double credit on the magic number. Then I’d rest all of our frontline players and plan to have position players pitch 4+ innings on Sunday and just punt that one to get our guys “2 days of rest” with the off day on Monday. Then we get to start fresh at home for our final 6 against 2 bad teams and let the magic number dwindle. 

Perhaps a little unorthodox, but these guys are dragging in the field and the bullpen arms have absolutely nothing to give right now. 

What a difference can a few days make.  

• Upvote 1