Sunday Sept 23: Orioles in Cleveland to complete 17 games in 17 days, try for winning road trip

SteveA

Just now, NashLumber said:

It's a variant of a slider.  I wouldn't be too harsh on him because of that. He certainly knows more about pitching than we do. 

I agree with earlier Jim, they're all sliders, just slightly different breaks and velocities.  I got the impression he was kind of irritated that they never needed differentiating names during the last ten decades, so why now, and that's pretty much where I am too 😆

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Morgan423 said:

I agree with earlier Jim, they're all sliders, just slightly different breaks and velocities.  I got the impression he was kind of irritated that they never needed differentiating names during the last ten decades, so why now, and that's pretty much where I am too 😆

Gotcha. I feel the same. I give the big eye-roll to all the fine tuning of the names of pitches, etc. It's like corporate jingoistic consultant-speak. 

• Upvote 1