AL East Champs!!!

spleen1015

18 minutes ago, Hallas said:

Outside of Gibson, they're all fine with a Gatorade and a mcgriddle the day after.

I’m turning 41 soon and I’m still good with a Gatorade and a McGriddle the next day. I prefer a steak egg and cheese bagel but I love a McGriddle! Of course I only have to answer 911 calls though. May have to switch to McGriddles if I want to play baseball. 

51 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I'm going to be pissed off if the Orioles win tomorrow night.

They have EARNED  this celebration, if they aren't so hungover they can barely see the ball straight tomorrow, they ain't doing it right.

Remember what it was like to be 23-26? You didn’t get hung over. You just got up and did it again.

• Upvote 1

I was pretty emotional tonight. 2014 was great, but this just feels different. Elias has truly built a machine even without supplementing with bigger-name free agents. The clubhouse culture has never been better. While I scowl when I see John Angelos, I do think he’s enjoying this and he has to feel good about what’s happened as the Orioles representative from an ownership standpoint.

8 hours ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

MLB Network just said Hyde is the 2nd Manager in history to lose 100 games and then win 100 games with the same organization. The other one was Connie Mack. 

Of course Mack owned the Philadelphia A's throughout most of his tenure as manager. In 1915-16 he tore apart his first dynasty because of competition from the Federal League (cue: @Moose Milligan, Federal League reference of the day), and they went 43-109 and 36-117 (this being the equivalent of 38 wins in a 162-game schedule). Which would have gotten pretty much every other manager in history fired. From 1915-21 Mack's A's had loss totals of 117, 109, 98, 76, 104, 106, and 100 in 154-game schedules, except the 76-loss season was just 128 games because of WWI.

So, Hyde is the only guy to do this without having "can't be fired" checked off in the setup page of the sim.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, hallThalmt18h said:

My first memory of the Orioles was the ALCS against the Angels in 1979. I was 11 years old when they won it all in 1983. And this just might be my favorite Orioles team of all time.

I was 17 - loved that team. I was heartbroken when they lost the WS in 79' to the Pirates after being up 3-1.