Playoff Game Thread

ArtVanDelay

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Wow, sure would be great to sign a player like Yordan Alvarez out of Cuba.  Do you guys think that market is tapped out or do you think they still have recruitable talent?  Seems to me it's pretty hit or miss with how guys from Cuba do in the States.

All good questions/valid point. I think we should be looking in Japan just as much as the Caribbean. Especially with where we will be drafting from here on out. Who knows? Maybe soon some of the other WBC nations in other parts of the world might start getting quality talent to recruit from.

But it would really be nice to get a bat as good as Alvarez has been for the Astros. I still feel like that is something the Orioles is missing which could put them over the hump. (Think of something similar to the Frank Robinson acquisition of the 1960s.)

17 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Its like Luis Arraez's batting skill in Samuel Basallo's body.

Seems like he pretty much has to be Bonds zone here on in.

Since he broke in 2019, the five regular season >150 wRC+'s are:

Judge 170, Trout 167, Yordan 166, Soto 155, Freeman 152

For me he has an edge on those other four guys for Best Hitter in the World.

Of all of those, If I'm purely thinking of who I would want at the plate with the game on the line in the post season, I'm taking Yordan Alvarez.

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

Rangers 7-0 in the postseason. Yes, the Orioles ran into the wrong team.

Brings me back to the thread when Orioles Hangout fans were talking about who they would rather face. I saw alot of people say the Rangers. That made me nervous because I remember the regular season series against them in Camden Yards. I felt like the Orioles would have more familiarity facing a division rival like TOR or TB. I even think they could have handled the Astros because they've done that and won 3 series against them between the 2022-2023 seasons. At the same time, it didn't make any sense for me to speculate because they were going to play who they were going to play regardless of my opinion. And truth be told, is the postseason just being an elimination series by itself was enough to make me anxious.

Ex O Miguel Castro getting the Phillies out in that situation!!  Extra points if you recall the 2 minor leaguers we received from Mets when we traded him 

(Kevin Smith who was released in March and Victor Gonzalez 20 year old first year at Delmarva ) 

Edited by tntoriole

18 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Brings me back to the thread when Orioles Hangout fans were talking about who they would rather face. I saw alot of people say the Rangers. That made me nervous because I remember the regular season series against them in Camden Yards. I felt like the Orioles would have more familiarity facing a division rival like TOR or TB. I even think they could have handled the Astros because they've done that and won 3 series against them between the 2022-2023 seasons. At the same time, it didn't make any sense for me to speculate because they were going to play who they were going to play regardless of my opinion. And truth be told, is the postseason just being an elimination series by itself was enough to make me anxious.

I started that thread. It's going to become a classic if the Rangers win the WS.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I know we have a stacked system and we’re all infatuated with our guys coming up, but I am completely jealous that the Rangers have a guy like Evan Carter. 

And I am completely unenvious that they have a guy like Scherzer. Sometimes making a splash move at the trading deadline hurts more than helps. Today it really hurt.