Mountcastle/Hays Trade Value

casadeozo

Id be looking to trade Cowser+ for Luis Robert, somehow. If that just flat isn't going to work, Cowser would be my LF and  I let Hays go for whatever I could get. He's replaceable. 

Mountcastle can stay but he has to work on not being so streaky. No reason he isn't an .800 OPS guy who should hit 7th in a lineup. Still only 27 next year. 

3 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Or do you get rid of players like Hicks, McKenna, Frazier, or even O'Hearn before you send away more talented guys? Why can't they open '24 with Kjerstad, Hays, Mullins, Sandander and Cowser all on the roster, with Mayo ready the minute someone is injured?  This year a lot went right and Mullins missed 46 games, Hays 18, Cowser played just 113 at all levels, Kjerstad 135. There will be opportunities.

In listening to Angelos I think Santander goes unless you can get a discount on a short term deal.

3 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I would be on the phone with teams like Milwaukee who are still competing but have subpar production for corner outfield and 1st.  Mountcastle or Hays for Bryce Wilson.   We should be able to move one of them for a solid back end type pitcher.   

We need superior starters not another back end guy. Our pitching was poor in the Texas series minus game 1.

27 minutes ago, Dunk35 said:

Id be looking to trade Cowser+ for Luis Robert, somehow. If that just flat isn't going to work, Cowser would be my LF and  I let Hays go for whatever I could get. He's replaceable. 

Mountcastle can stay but he has to work on not being so streaky. No reason he isn't an .800 OPS guy who should hit 7th in a lineup. Still only 27 next year. 

Yeah but you only have 2 years which is where we are with Mullins. Again this depends on the money made available. They won’t trade for a arb guy with two years imo.

4 hours ago, MCO'sFan said:

The problem with both these players is that they are both 'guys" but not "dudes." Meaning they are tweeners. They are too good/pricy for rebuilding clubs and not difference makers for contending clubs. I think some BP help is all you can expect and maybe a low level lottery ticket.

Bingo.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's got over 1600 MLB at bats.  His OPS+ last season was only three higher than his career average.

I think we've got a fair idea who he is.

So is he vertigo .693 OPS...  or post vertigo .893 OPS?

Streakiness notwithstanding... that's a pretty significant difference.

Keep him... bring up Mayo...

Trade O'Hearn.. sell high

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think the best exercise, as always, is to pretend that the Orioles are going to trade for Mountcastle or Hays.  

What would you give up for Mountcastle or Hays?  There's your answer as to what they're worth, probably.

Whatever the Seattle equivalent of Grayson is.   Do you think the Seattle GM might see this?  😂 

Just now, owknows said:

So is he vertigo .693 OPS...  or post vertigo .893 OPS?

Streakiness notwithstanding... that's a pretty significant difference.

Keep him... bring up Mayo...

Trade O'Hearn.. sell high

We have no way of knowing how much his vertigo impacted his early numbers.

Maybe he was dealing with it for weeks, maybe only a day or two.

We've seen him look lost before.