Dylan Cease

E-D-D-I-E

We all heard Elias when he said, while being interviewed at the break, that he "Had a deal in place, but it fell through last minute. Combine that with the back and forth of Cease being traded out of Chicago, makes me think it was for him. 2 years remaining. Expected salary 8+million this year in Arb. Bora$$ client.

1) Do you want Cease? Is he "the guy"?

2) What will it take to get him?

3) Will Cowser/Norby/Povich get him?

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, E-D-D-I-E said:

We all heard Elias when he said, while being interviewed at the break, that he "Had a deal in place, but it fell through last minute. Combine that with the back and forth of Cease being traded out of Chicago, makes me think it was for him. 2 years remaining. Expected salary 8+million this year in Arb. Bora$$ client.

1) Do you want Cease? Is he "the guy"?

2) What will it take to get him?

3) Will Cowser/Norby/Povich get him?

Kjerstad and Ortiz gets it done.   

Cowser, Norby, Povich?   Maybe.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Kjerstad and Ortiz gets it done.   

Cowser, Norby, Povich?   Maybe.

Do you think he can bounce back to his 2022 form...or at least between 2021/2022 form?  If so, I'd do the second deal for sure and maybe include another piece if needed.   I don't want Kjerstad as part of that deal unless we look at expanding it and getting Robert as well.

1 minute ago, clapdiddy said:

Do you think he can bounce back to his 2022 form...or at least between 2021/2022 form?  If so, I'd do the second deal for sure and maybe include another piece if needed.   I don't want Kjerstad as part of that deal unless we look at expanding it and getting Robert as well.

No one knows the answer to that.   Add Robert to the deal and be prepared to add a lot more to it from our end.   

Just now, Pickles said:

Yeah.  I'm not saying your analysis is wrong; I'm just saying I wouldn't make that trade in a million years.

Ok.  Then you must be confident that Kjerstad is a 30 homer bat and that Ortiz is a 280 hitting, 30 double, 10+ homer, plus fielding SS.   Those two are maybes but it’s definitely an overpay if both succeed.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I wouldn’t do it either but your characterization of it being an insane overpay is wrong.

I'm not giving up 12+ years of what should be two full time players, including one who was the #2 pick in the draft, for two years of Dylan Cease.

It would be a stupid overpay for the Orioles.  We can differ on the semantics.

• Upvote 2

Just now, RZNJ said:

Ok.  Then you must be confident that Kjerstad is a 30 homer bat and that Ortiz is a 280 hitting, 30 double, 10+ homer, plus fielding SS.   Those two are maybes but it’s definitely an overpay if both succeed.

Well, I've been told over and over again that we must clear out a regular spot for Kjerstad asap, and either do the same for Ortiz or trade him into such a situation, likewise asap.  So it seems that's the general consensus here.

They could get one of Kjerstad/Cowser/Ortiz and then maybe another minor piece.  I'm still not sure I'd do it, but that is at least a reasonable framework imo.

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

I'm not giving up 12+ years of what should be two full time players, including one who was the #2 pick in the draft, for two years of Dylan Cease.

It would be a stupid overpay for the Orioles.  We can differ on the semantics.

What does Kjerstad being the 2nd pick in the draft have to do with it?   Do you want to trade 4th rounder Ortiz for #4 overall Austin Martin?