Who are the 2023 Orioles #9 and #10 prospects?

Tony-OH

Who are the 2023 Orioles #9 and #10 prospects?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the 2023 Orioles #9 and #10 prospects?

• #9 Beavers and #10 Norby
    • #9 Bradford and #10 Braylin Tavera
    • #9 Horvath and #10 Norby
    • #9 McDermott and #10 Horvath
    • #9 Norby and #10 McDermott

This poll is closed to new votes

You guys always do a great job of working the thought process or at least guessing along with mine at this point. 

I will say my top 6 were pretty obvious (though you could argue the order 2-3, and 4-6), after that, they blur for a bit as you can build cases for each over each other. Sometimes it is just a matter of going with ceiling over production at a high level or vice versa. 

I think there will be a few surprises for people though in the top 20.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

You guys always do a great job of working the thought process or at least guessing along with mine at this point. 

I will say my top 6 were pretty obvious (though you could argue the order 2-3, and 4-6), after that, they blur for a bit as you can build cases for each over each other. Sometimes it is just a matter of going with ceiling over production at a high level or vice versa. 

I think there will be a few surprises for people though in the top 20.

Tony, are you still getting input from people in the organization?

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I prefer not to say as to not to incriminate anyone... or not! lol... But I definitely talk to people across the industry still.

Sort of off topic, but when you do your diligence on Carter Baumler, I’m curious why he only pitched 3 games in the AFL.

Who is this "Bradford" who is listed as an option at #9?  Is Chad Bradford back in our system?  

I might have picked Bradfield and Tavera had that been an option.  I agree with those who are reserving judgment on Bradfield a little until he shows some power, but there's no doubt that his speed, defense and ability to get on base make him an intriguing prospect, probably somewhere in the top 10. 

Tavera is a dark horse to be high on this list, but he hit a little better this year as an 18-year old at the FCL than Samuel Basallo did at the same age in 2022.  I was banging on the table for Basallo to be in the top 10 last year.