Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They should be glad I'm not bothering with them.

I’d like to see that.  The WS board vs. SportsGuy is entertaining but getting old.   They need to be reminded @Frobby that their guy @Chicago White Sox brought all of this on them by coming over here first.  I would drive that point home repeatedly.  They have him to thank for SG.  LOL

Edited by RZNJ

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

C’mon Froberto Duran. Haven’t you learned anything posting here?

If money is not to be spent it’s only because Elias REEEEEALLY wants to but gets blocked at every given opportunity by an Angelos. 

To summarize:

Anything good for the Orioles: credit Elias 

Anything bad for the Orioles: blame Angelos 

Not a bad rule of thumb.  But what do we do about the fact that Angelos hired Elias?

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I’d like to see that.  The WS board vs. SportsGuy is entertaining but getting old.   They need to be reminded @Frobby that their guy @Chicago White Sox brought all of this on them by coming over here first.  I would drive that point home repeatedly.  They have him to thank for SG.  LOL

Not only that, but the SoxTalk mods only let us in as members when @Chicago White Sox woke them from their slumber.   

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ve enjoyed all their nasty remarks about their owner, which sound very familiar.  But now they’re kind of assuming SG represents all Orioles fans, both substantively and stylistically. 

Meanwhile I’m actually agreeing with them in many ways but they are too dense to figure that out.  

• Haha 1

I'll be so glad when the O's do something - anything substantive re starting pitching!!!!! Over/Under on 185 pages re Cease vs The World till they do? Perhaps if they do, it will Cease this thread. 😀 Maybe not? Man I am bored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Less than 6 weeks.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Meanwhile I’m actually agreeing with them in many ways but they are too dense to figure that out.  

If they don't get Cowser, Kjerstad, and Mayo it's not a fair deal. They keep fixating on Ortiz who would be a 2nd piece, as the headliner with Mayo likely not being on the table. It's astonishing how many times people have said they would add Cowser or Kjerstad but they keep fixating on Ortiz as the headliner. They are pretty dense, I guess.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I actually think they  are right about Ortiz. When you think about it, he doesn’t make a ton of sense for them unless he can turn into a trade piece either.

I don't see how that's true.

If he's what he projects to be, he's perfect for them.

Just now, Pickles said:

I don't see how that's true.

If he's what he projects to be, he's perfect for them.

But why?  They aren’t going to be relevant for at least 4 years. Ortiz will be pushing 30 at that point and will be well into his service time.

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I actually think they  are right about Ortiz. When you think about it, he doesn’t make a ton of sense for them unless he can turn into a trade piece either.

They’re already penciling in a 22 yo who hit .244 in AA and isn’t a slam dunk to stay at the position as their SS for the next 7 years.

Per Baseball America who have him rated top 20.

Scouts are divided on Montgomery’s defense. Some see an above-average defender at shortstop who is athletic and has the good footwork and longer strides making up for the lack of pure speed. He is able to anticipate and read balls off the bat as well as position himself adeptly. Some see a player who might have to move to the outfield because of shaky hands and stiff actions on the infield. Those scouts also see a player with limited range who might fit best in an outfield corner

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Trade offers:

1) Cowser and Ortiz

2) Kjerstad and Ortiz

3) Cowser, Ortiz and Povich

4) Kjerstad, Ortiz, Povich

5) Westburg, Beavers, Povich and Norby

Are you make some, all or none of those deals?

Without reading the responses,  I would only do  #1 Cowser and Ortiz, with the options given (believe you did a poll on this). And would be willing to add 2+ more down the road pieces, similar to Hernaiz and some lottery pics.

Edited by Since1984

6 minutes ago, Malike said:

If they don't get Cowser, Kjerstad, and Mayo it's not a fair deal. They keep fixating on Ortiz who would be a 2nd piece, as the headliner with Mayo likely not being on the table. It's astonishing how many times people have said they would add Cowser or Kjerstad but they keep fixating on Ortiz as the headliner. They are pretty dense, I guess.

Yes they are.

They are like, you don’t want to trade anyone for Cease yet I have said I would do a trade that they have said would work and I’m willing to trade more for Cease than most on here.

But because I said Mayo isn’t being dealt for Cease,  they cry like a bunch of female dogs.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

But why?  They aren’t going to be relevant for at least 4 years. Ortiz will be pushing 30 at that point and will be well into his service time.

I find it hilarious that you of all people are saying they won't be relevant for 4 years when you routinely scalded Mike Elias and insisted it "doesn't need to take this long!" despite the fact that he turned this team around in..... wait for it.... four years.

Using that logic, nobody makes sense for them because they'll be "well into their service time."

Unless they want to play with 19 year olds in A ball.  I've said from the beginning if they're that stupid, they should stop wasting our time.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Malike said:

I would love it if Ortiz is the headliner. I think he'll be a useful major leaguer, but I just don't believe in the bat at the MLB level.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

I'll be so glad when the O's do something - anything substantive re starting pitching!!!!! Over/Under on 185 pages re Cease vs The World till they do? Perhaps if they do, it will Cease this thread. 😀 Maybe not? Man I am bored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Less than 6 weeks.

We shall see...all of this is really feels like trick Ortiz at this point.