Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

Hopefully, one of their "insiders" is correct and dropped a Mariners and the Orioles were always a non-factor, it's between the Yankees and Mets.

Could be them just trying to get rid of the Oriole posters without actually having to ban them.  Haha

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Since1984 said:

Without reading the responses,  I would only do  #1 Cowser and Ortiz, with the options given (believe you did a poll on this). And would be willing to add 2+ more down the road pieces, similar to Hernaiz and some lottery pics.

IMO this is a realistic framework for a competitive marketplace which I suspect is the case.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ChosenOne21 said:

I would love it if Ortiz is the headliner. I think he'll be a useful major leaguer, but I just don't believe in the bat at the MLB level.

What about the bat don’t you believe in? He has less swing and miss than any of the AAA guys (I’m excluding Holliday because he wasn’t there for long). He has enough pop to hit 10-15 HRs. I see no reason Ortiz can’t be about league average (100 OPS+/WRC+) with the bat. With his defense at SS or 2B, that’s likely a 3-3.5 win player. 

Edited by Sydnor
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Begrudgingly give him credit and then keep hammering away at everything else. 

I think it was as much dumb luck as anything.

The Elias plan involved slashing payroll to the bone.

John liked that.

Edited by Can_of_corn
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Malike said:

Hopefully, one of their "insiders" is correct and dropped a Mariners and the Orioles were always a non-factor, it's between the Yankees and Mets.

Well if the Os weren’t willing to put any of their top 5 on the table, they basically are a non factor..or at least they aren’t a bigger factor than anyone else.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Well if the Os weren’t willing to put any of their top 5 on the table, they basically are a non factor..or at least they aren’t a bigger factor than anyone else.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case. I put as much stock in their insiders as I do ours. Now they are asking for the 2,3,4 prospects from the Mets. The clown show continues.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case. I put as much stock in their insiders as I do ours. Now they are asking for the 2,3,4 prospects from the Mets. The clown show continues.

The CWS guy game on here and said 2 of their posters are real insiders..the others they claim to be really aren’t.

Now, I know who one of them is but not sure about the other one. Their main insider says the Os are involved. 

Just now, Sports Guy said:

The CWS guy game on here and said 2 of their posters are real insiders..the others they claim to be really aren’t.

Now, I know who one of them is but not sure about the other one. Their main insider says the Os are involved. 

They are absolutely involved, this has been going on for a month, if it had no legs it would have died a long time ago. We can easily offer the best package, smells like they might be trying to leverage that.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

They are absolutely involved, this has been going on for a month, if it had no legs it would have died a long time ago. We can easily offer the best package, smells like they might be trying to leverage that.

It’s really been going on since July.

59 minutes ago, 24fps said:

IMO this is a realistic framework for a competitive marketplace which I suspect is the case.

Looking forward to opening day now that it is 2024! We then know much more and have live baseball to distract our fandom.

2 hours ago, Malike said:

If they don't get Cowser, Kjerstad, and Mayo it's not a fair deal. They keep fixating on Ortiz who would be a 2nd piece, as the headliner with Mayo likely not being on the table. It's astonishing how many times people have said they would add Cowser or Kjerstad but they keep fixating on Ortiz as the headliner. They are pretty dense, I guess.

To be fair, Roll Tide is over there telling them he thinks Kjerstad and Cowser are off limits.  And there are some other folks here who feel that way.   I’m not one of them.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think it was as much dumb luck as anything.

The Elias plan involved slashing payroll to the bone.

John liked that.

Elias said it came down to SF and Bmore and we gave him 100% authority on baseball operations so he chose the O’s.