Does Zach Britton belong in the Orioles’ Hall of Fame?

Frobby

Does Zach Britton belong in the Orioles’ Hall of Fame?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Does Zach Britton belong in the Orioles’ Hall of Fame?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/29/23 at 03:07

The bar is not incredibly high to get into the Orioles Hall of Fame so this is an easy yes. Either way though, Britton clearly belongs.

Save: 142 (2nd most in Orioles history)
ERA+: 131
2016 season: 0.47 ERA, 803 ERA+ (didn't even know that number was possible), 47 saves and still waiting for Buck Showalter to bring him into a one and done playoff game.

• Upvote 2

Britton doesn’t deserve any kind of consideration for the MLB HOF but something that would be kind of interesting for the HOF to do would be to induct a pitch or something like that of certain guys.

For example, the Britton sinker is a HOF pitch. That thing was nasty and had some of the weakest numbers against we have ever seen.

Just be some kind of a separate wing in the HOF for stuff like that.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Britton doesn’t deserve any kind of consideration for the MLB HOF but something that would be kind of interesting for the HOF to do would be to induct a pitch or something like that of certain guys.

For example, the Britton sinker is a HOF pitch. That thing was nasty and had some of the weakest numbers against we have ever seen.

Just be some kind of a separate wing in the HOF for stuff like that.

I like that idea.   Phil Niekro’s knuckleball, Nolan Ryan’s fastball, Randy Johnson’s slider.  Mark Belanger’s glove can go in there.   

16 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

He was an expensive rental coming off a severe injury and not terribly effective.

Can't expect too great a return.

I forgot about the injury.

16 hours ago, Frobby said:

Britton was worth 1.9 rWAR for the Yankees.   Tate has been worth 2.4 rWAR for us.  Hopefully we can still extract some more value from him - Elias apparently thinks so.

Fair.  Not worth looking up other sites IMO to compare.  Kinda washy.  Nice to think that Britton is still contributing to today's team though.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

The bar is not incredibly high to get into the Orioles Hall of Fame so this is an easy yes. Either way though, Britton clearly belongs.

Save: 142 (2nd most in Orioles history)
ERA+: 131
2016 season: 0.47 ERA, 803 ERA+ (didn't even know that number was possible), 47 saves and still waiting for Buck Showalter to bring him into a one and done playoff game.

Have not seen an .800 ERA+ like that until now. Cano’s bref page showed 1.x during his amazing start to 2023

I was at the one game that Zach Britton lost in 2016. He came into a tied game in the ninth, blew away the first two guys, then Adam Eaton bunted and Zach hurt his ankle trying to field the ball. Britton came out of the game and Vance Worley gave up a walk and a single to score the run. That was 25% of Britton's earned run total for all of 2016 and his only loss or blown save all year.

On a weirder note, I once had a dream that my sister went to prom with a Jordanian exchange student. I was talking to him at our house and it wasn't until they left together that I realized it was just Zach Britton speaking Arabic. 

• Haha 1