Playoff Shares

Can_of_corn

Players’ pool shall be created from the World Series, the two League Championship Series, the four Division Series, and the four Wild Card Series. Contributions shall be made into the pool as follows:

(1) 60% of the total gate receipts from the first 4 World Series games;

(2) 60% of the total gate receipts from the first 4 games of each League Championship Series;

(3) 60% of the total gate receipts from the first 3 games (4 if the Division Series is expanded to the best of 7 games) of each Division Series; and

(4) 60% of the total gate receipts from the first 2 games of each Wild Card Series after deducting the traveling expenses of the visiting Clubs (up to a maximum of $100,000 per Club per game) from the total gate. 

The Players’ pool shall be distributed to the Players, by Club, as follows:

World Series Winner   36%

World Series Loser   24%

League Championship Series Losers (2)   24%

Division Series Losers (4)  13%

Wild Card Series Losers (4)   3%

On or before the final day of the championship season, the Player Representative shall provide the Club with the schedules reflecting the vote of the Players. The Player Representative shall execute the schedules and complete them in his own handwriting. The Club shall, within 48 hours of receipt from the Player Representatives, submit copies of such executed and handwritten schedules to the Commissioner’s Office and the Association. Two Club Certified Athletic Trainers and one Club strength and conditioning coach shall be eligible to receive a percentage share of the Players’ pool. Except for the individuals rendered ineligible by Major League Rule 45(b)(4), all other non-uniformed personnel of a Club shall not be eligible to receive a percentage share of the Players’ pool

CBA | MLBPA Players (mlbplayers.com)

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, InsideCoroner said:

I bought 6 tickets for Game 5 of the ALDS at public prices as soon as they went on sale, and they were $120 per ticket for upper deck seating (in two different sections). It wasn’t $200 a ticket. 

I might have paid more because I went Game One?

21 hours ago, Frobby said:

First of all, I messed up my math a little in the post you replied to, because I forgot to multiply by three for the three games.  But let’s say tickets cost $200 on average.  That’s 45,000 * 200 * 3 * 12.5% = $3.375 mm.

It’s interesting to hear that the general public got charged $200 for nosebleed seats.  Season ticket holders did not pay those kind of prices.  Not only was I able to get my regular seats for $237.50, but we were offered additional seats in the lower deck, behind 3B but further back than my other seats, and I think the price was $155.  Also, I paid $45 for parking, in the Lee lot which is closer to the stadium than most of the lots.  Glad to know that being a season ticket holder actually gets you advantageous pricing during the playoffs.

I’d imagine far more seats were sold at the prices offered to season ticket holders than were sold at the “general public” prices.  

The bolded is of course what needs to be answered to get a per capita average.  It sounds like you premise right though according to your experience.  I was only trying to go to Game One, and I know that is was very difficult to buy them online at the opening.  I had a friend who was unable to do it.  I do wonder if because it was Game One that changed the pricing.

Anyway, I think it's good the O's reward their season ticket holders.  Should only grow the season ticket base.  They should advertise these kinds of things when promoting.  2 years ago that might have been funny, but there should be a lot of playoff baseball in the O's future.

Edited by Pickles