Trade Idea for MOO bat.

Roll Tide

Would you trade for Alonso in exchange for Fabian or Beavers plus a fringe 40 man guy?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Alonso for Fabian or Beavers and a fringe 40 man guy or lottery ticket?

46 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I would prefer a top left handed or switch hitter slugger like Ohtani to a right hander, but sure. Right handed works too if he's that good. We need this team's version of a Frank Robinson addition to get them over the hump. 

Appreciate the sentiment... but good luck with that. Frank Robinson age 30 comp = Hank Aaron, according to BB-Ref. Otherwise, Soto, Harper, Trout... anyone else you have in mind?

Trade seems light (on the Mets side). Also, the Mets have publicly said that locking up Alonso is a priority. And the O's were 7th in MLB in runs scored last season. I really don't think adding a MOO should be a priority. Especially considering some of the younger players are likely to improve and be even better.  This offseason should be all about pitching, pitching, and more pitching. 

1 hour ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I would prefer a top left handed or switch hitter slugger like Ohtani to a right hander, but sure. Right handed works too if he's that good. We need this team's version of a Frank Robinson addition to get them over the hump. 

The Orioles were 7th in MLB in runs scored last season. They don't a Frank Robinson; they need a Jim Palmer. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

The Mets would hang the phone up at that offer.

Then switch out Beavers/Fabian with Mountcastle and maybe season the lottery ticket to taste.  Mountcastle is superfluous with Alonso on board and when he leaves after next season Kjerstad/Mayo/Basallo/ etc. slots in. 

Mountcastle has upside, is controllable, is an established major leaguer, and offers salary relief to a team that needs some.

1 hour ago, HakunaSakata said:

The Orioles were 7th in MLB in runs scored last season. They don't a Frank Robinson; they need a Jim Palmer. 

They were also 7th in fewest runs allowed.  So maybe they don’t need either.  Maybe they just need to continue to make modest upgrades wherever they can.  

2 hours ago, HakunaSakata said:

They were also 8th in the AL in wRC+, behind each of the other playoff teams and also the Mariners. 

They scored a good amount of runs, but that’s pretty closely tied to the high average with RISP. Unless they’re going to continue to be the most “clutch” team in the league, the overall offense still needs to improve — and it seems a whole lot like they’re going to hope that all of that improvement will come from inside the organization. Hopefully their apparent faith in the prospects to be ready next season will pay off. 

4 hours ago, HakunaSakata said:

Trade seems light (on the Mets side). Also, the Mets have publicly said that locking up Alonso is a priority. And the O's were 7th in MLB in runs scored last season. I really don't think adding a MOO should be a priority. Especially considering some of the younger players are likely to improve and be even better.  This offseason should be all about pitching, pitching, and more pitching. 

Totally agree

First off, if the Mets' front office were to accept that deal they'd be hung from lamp posts inside an hour. Second, I'd bet that either Mayo or maybe even Kjerstad will be a more productive MOO bat than Alonso by the start of the 2025 season. Giving those guys (and Holliday) 500 ABs this coming season will be all the boost our offense needs going forward. 

I see the boost in the offense coming from Westburg, Ortiz and Holliday with Cowser as the fourth outfielder.   They will be replacing Frazier, Urias and  McKenna.

Later in the season Kjerstad and Mayo could be promoted.

Edited by wildcard