MLB Offseason Moves/Rumor Thread

ThisIsBirdland

9 hours ago, Just Regular said:

A year away from FA, Astros extend Altuve for 2025-2029, 5/125.

Bregman and Altuve both playing 2024 at ~$30M, in what is now a walk year for Bregman alone.

From a purely voyeuristic standpoint, I would have loved to  see open market bidding on Altuve.  He’s still universally booed nearly every AB.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

O’Hearn. Although, O’Hearn does have one milb option remaining. 

I don't think they can trade O'Hearn for a valuable player or prospects at this point.   Mountcastle or Santander could land them an arm that could be the missing piece in the bullpen. 

Just now, clapdiddy said:

I don't think they can trade O'Hearn for a valuable player or prospects at this point.   Mountcastle or Santander could land them an arm that could be the missing piece in the bullpen. 

I hear ya, but if you’re signing JD Martinez, then you’re “going for it”. No point of signing him then trading away the other MOO bats. You’d want to add/upgrade the team. We have the prospect inventory to get a reliever. Especially if they’d all definitely be in the minors with a JD Martinez signing. 

10 hours ago, Just Regular said:

A year away from FA, Astros extend Altuve for 2025-2029, 5/125.

Bregman and Altuve both playing 2024 at ~$30M, in what is now a walk year for Bregman alone.

It's nice to see that the Astros were able to "drum" up enough money to extend him. 

BP did a piece this morning on the 1B/DH suggesting Soler-Martinez-Belt are the top 3 guys, and three Clubs with weak PECOTA projections there are SD, CLE and MIL.

Also TEX, depending on how Chris Young comes at his ~Jackson Holliday/Coby Mayo scenario with Wyatt Langford.

• Upvote 1

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

If we could only do one of these deals which one would you do?

JD Martinez for 1/12

Brandon Woodruff for 2/25

Neither. We don't need another DH only player and Woodruff is broken and will never be the player he was (see Cory Kluber). 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

So you want bring on a DH when we basically already have two semi DHs on the roster, in Santander and Kjerstad, and a catcher who we'll need to DH on occasion to keep his bat in the lineup? How exactly is that going to work out? 

Have you seen his numbers?   He's a better bat than any of our OF/DHs... you make room for him.