MLB Offseason Moves/Rumor Thread

ThisIsBirdland

7 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I want one more bat, just one more, wherever you want to put him in the lineup. I want a bat with experience. I want a bat that you can rely on. I would love a power bat, but it doesn't have to be. I just want one bat that pitchers consistently try to pitch around. I want a bat so when the offense gets streaky (as our current hitters do), it can provide stability. I want one bat in case we see regression or a sophomore slump (Gunnar and Westburg). I want one bat if our rookies struggle to adjust. I want one bat for when Hays, Mullins or Sandanter land on the IL. Just one more bat. 

I'm not sure 36 year old JDM, playing half his games in the Grand Canyon, is that bat.

Front page article on ESPN the last couple days about "How the Dodgers won the offseason" as if there is some amazing talent to outspending what any other team can do except the Mets.  Let me know when you write an article about how say the Twins won the offseason and I'll take time to read it.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

Nick Gordon, once the 5th pick in the draft same as Colton Cowser, traded from Minnesota to Miami for a LH reliever who struck out a bunch of people last year.

It sounded like the Twins and Gordon were fighting over arbitration and might be part reason.  Gordon actually filed for 1.2 million after hitting .176 and OPS of .503.   Imagine trying to get a 500k raise from your employer after being one of worst employees at your job.  

2 hours ago, bpilktree said:

It sounded like the Twins and Gordon were fighting over arbitration and might be part reason.  Gordon actually filed for 1.2 million after hitting .176 and OPS of .503.   Imagine trying to get a 500k raise from your employer after being one of worst employees at your job.  

If Gordon can get something in return for his .503 OPS, I believe the O's could get something for O'Hearn.

It feels like Snell, Montgomery only have a week or so for Boras to complete his "it doesn't matter what time dinner is if you are the steak" game if the acquiring Club wants them to be able to do the 15-30-45-60-75 kind of thing.

Sometimes veteran Aces start at 2-3 innings their first turn - it may be Burnes outdoes Bradish/Grayson in that respect.    Burnes has mentioned the Adley crash course situation.