SS Henderson

3B Urias

C Rutschman

LF Hays

CF Mullins

RF Santander

DH O’Hearn

4 man bench -  McCann, Mateo, McKenna, Hilliard

Ok.  Other potential players and how that affects the above.   Holliday, Mayo, Ortiz, Kjerstad, Cowser.   

Pitching

Bradish

Rodriguez

Means

Kremer

Wells

Irvin

Baumann

Perez

Tate

Coulombe

Cano

Hall

Kimbrel

Others.  Baker. Akin.  Both can be optioned to Norfolk.

Edited by RZNJ

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

1B Mountcastle 

2B Westburg

SS Henderson

3B Urias

C Rutschman

LF Hays

CF Mullins

RF Santander

DH O’Hearn

Ok.  Other potential players and how that affects the above.   Holliday, Mayo, Ortiz, Kjerstad, Cowser.   

Pitching

Bradish

Rodriguez

Means

Kremer

Wells

Irvin

Baumann

Webb

Perez

Tate

Coulombe

Hall

Kimbrel

Cano?

I have Ortiz at 3B.   Bench: McCann, Mateo, Cowser and a battle between McKenna and Kjerstad for the last spot.   Depends on how well Cowser plays CF in ST.

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

1B Mountcastle 

2B Westburg

SS Henderson

3B Urias

C Rutschman

LF Hays

CF Mullins

RF Santander

DH O’Hearn

Pitching

Bradish

Rodriguez

Means

Kremer

Wells

Irvin

Baumann

Webb

Perez

Tate

Coulombe

Hall

Kimbrel

I feel fairly certain McKenna and Hilliard won't both be on the OD roster.

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

1B Mountcastle 

2B Westburg

SS Henderson

3B Urias

C Rutschman

LF Hays

CF Mullins

RF Santander

DH O’Hearn

Pitching

Bradish

Rodriguez

Means

Kremer

Wells

Irvin

Baumann

Webb

Perez

Tate

Coulombe

Hall

Kimbrel

God that bench is gross.

Heston and Cowser need to be on the team 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Yeah, under the current roster construction, McKenna and Hilliard are competing for a single spot and Kjerstad and Cowser are competing for the other spot. 

I expect/hope for Kjerstad or Cowser to get regular starts at the expense of Mountcastle 2 of every 7 games, O'Hearn 2 of every 7 games, Santander 1 of every 7 games and Hays 1 of every 7 games.

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Right, but at the moment both are out of options, have ML experience as 4th outfielders and provide the ability to play CF.   I doubt both are here either.  The question is who or what pushes them off the roster.  Ortiz or Holliday  could start in the IF pushing Urias to the bench.   I could see 2 infielders on the bench with Mateo being used in the OF as well.   Maybe Cowser or Kjerstad make the team.   Being LH that would seem to knock Hilliard or possibly even O’Hearn out.   

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Cano?

I have Ortiz at 3B.   Bench: McCann, Mateo, Cowser and a battle between McKenna and Kjerstad for the last spot.   Depends on how well Cowser plays CF in ST.

Thanks.  I added Cano and deleted Webb but maybe Tate goes down if he’s not quite 100% in ST.    I do believe I’m the one who originally brought up the possibility of Ortiz at 3B.  Certainly possible or even Ortiz at 2B with Westburg at 3B.    There are so many possibilities (Holliday? Mayo?) which makes it so interesting and impossible to predict.

I see no way that Cowser and Kjerstad both make the team without Hays, Santander, Mountcastle, or O’Hearn gone.  Just not enough playing time for two of them.    

3 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

Ortiz, Cowser and Kjerstad have to be on the team or part of a trade. I don't think anyone is against rushing prospects more than me, but it's time. Elias has to move some people to find a starting pitcher upgrade.

The reason I posted that 26 man roster is because something does have to happen.  I doubt Joey Ortiz is in Norfolk to start the season.  Highly doubt that both Cowser and Kjerstad are there.

4 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Thanks.  I added Cano and deleted Webb but maybe Tate goes down if he’s not quite 100% in ST.    I do believe I’m the one who originally brought up the possibility of Ortiz at 3B.  Certainly possible or even Ortiz at 2B with Westburg at 3B.    There are so many possibilities (Holliday? Mayo?) which makes it so interesting and impossible to predict.

I see no way that Cowser and Kjerstad both make the team without Hays, Santander, Mountcastle, or O’Hearn gone.  Just not enough playing time for two of them.    

You started a thread on Ortiz at 3B but I had posted it before that.   Doesn't matter we were thinking the same thing.

However when Holliday joins the O's one of Westburg, Ortiz or Mateo/Urias has to go or be optioned.  Ortiz and Westburg have a short time to prove themselves.

4 hours ago, orioles22 said:

Ortiz, Cowser and Kjerstad have to be on the team or part of a trade. I don't think anyone is against rushing prospects more than me, but it's time. Elias has to move some people to find a starting pitcher upgrade.

Kjerstad is ready offensively but there are questions if some time at AAA might help his defense at RF/1B.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

You started a thread on Ortiz at 3B but I had posted it before that.   Doesn't matter we were thinking the same thing.

However when Holliday joins the O's one of Westburg, Ortiz or Mateo/Urias has to go or be optioned.  Ortiz and Westburg have a short time to prove themselves.

Westburg already proved himself over half a season.