Realistic Free Agent #3 Pitchers

ScGO's

I wonder if Stroman would take a one year deal if it was a big over pay. I think Elias would rather have him for 1 Year 25 Million than 3 year 60 Million.

Maybe do a deal similar to Kimbrel with the Option for Year 2. Gives Stroman one more chance to prove he's worth a bigger contract. If he had finished the season healthy with his 1st half numbers, he would have been getting a 4 year deal for potentially 100 Mill + this offseason.

Did some searching and Stroman has been dealing with a hip and fractured rib cartilage issue this past season. Hopefully he is healed and a prove it year may be good for The Orioles with his upside.  

Deadline trades are still on the table too.

https://theathletic.com/4788358/2023/08/18/cubs-marcus-stroman-injury/

Edited by Since1984

4 hours ago, Since1984 said:

Did some searching and Stroman has been dealing with a hip and fractured rib cartilage issue this past season. Hopefully he is healed and a prove it year may be good for The Orioles with his upside.  

Deadline trades are still on the table too.

https://theathletic.com/4788358/2023/08/18/cubs-marcus-stroman-injury/

Pretty weird injury/circumstances around the injury. Dude makes me nervous man.

If we're signing someone, I'd go Manaea. 

2 hours ago, interloper said:

Pretty weird injury/circumstances around the injury. Dude makes me nervous man.

If we're signing someone, I'd go Manaea. 

I’m not familiar with Manea, but nothing really jumps out, unless the O’s want bullpen/ spot starter Irvin 2.0 

I’m More with ScGO’s proposal, but would it be worth it to have the same result in ‘24 (as Stroman’s ‘23). Not sure if $20m+ is worth that, unless incentives can midigate some of the risk.

4 hours ago, ScGO's said:

As far as signing Stroman, do the O's still have an intense Physical Exam? If Stroman doesn't check out, pull the deal

Agreed, although there was one SP in th early 2000’s that they passed on. He had two good seasons, maybe with Seattle? Will have to dig, but I likely read it on this board

Edited by Since1984

4 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

Of course the O's need to do due diligence on his medicals, but Stroman hasn't had a bad season since 2018.  He has had success pitching in the AL East and pitching in Wrigley.   He's the guy I would target.  

Getting on board with this thought more and more. If the Physical is good, save some trade pieces for the farm or deadline. 

Added a few names and adjusted a couple salaries. I like Stroman, Bauer, Paxton, and Ryu as potential targets

Marcus Stroman - 1 Year 22 Million

Hyun Jin Ryu - 1 Year 14 Million

Mike Clevinger - 2 Year 35 Million

Cory Kluber - 1 Year 6 Million

James Paxton - 1 year 14 Million

Michael Lorenzen - 2 year 28 Million

Alex Wood - 2 year 30 Million

Sean Manaea - 2 Year 25 Million

Trevor Bauer - 1 Year 6 Million

34 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Added a few names and adjusted a couple salaries. I like Stroman, Bauer, Paxton, and Ryu as potential targets

Marcus Stroman - 1 Year 22 Million

Hyun Jin Ryu - 1 Year 14 Million

Mike Clevinger - 2 Year 35 Million

Cory Kluber - 1 Year 6 Million

James Paxton - 1 year 14 Million

Michael Lorenzen - 2 year 28 Million

Alex Wood - 2 year 30 Million

Sean Manaea - 2 Year 25 Million

Trevor Bauer - 1 Year 6 Million

Bauer is #1 on the list for me. 

No Bauer arguing fellas. I put him on there bc I saw his name pop up recently. He's made some public statements of apology and there's been some news quips that suggest he's going to find an MLB home. Predicting his salary in this situation is a head scratcher

If he was a Choir Boy, he might be our number one target, but if he was a Choir Boy he'd also be getting 5 year 125+ Million contract

If the O's signed him, I would just hope he did his best to be a model citizen, keep things mellow in the news, do tons of charity work in the Baltimore community, and keep working on himself like we all should be.  If he did that, I think he'd be an absolute steal at 1 year 6 mil and potentially change the course of our season: Bradish, Grayson, Bauer, Means, Kremer.  Hell, he'd be cheap enough that if we still traded for Cease it'd be Cease, Bradish, Grayson, Bauer, Means